New psionic power- Astral Servant

Bront

The man with the probe
Is there a limit to how many of these you can have at one time? It seems like you could make a shaper construction company with a high level shaper and a bunch of these constructs.

Someone

Adventurer
Notice that the change to duration and the new augmentation makes the power a higher level one if you want to emulate Unseen Servant;

- A 1st level psion can have a construct for 10 minutes; a 1st level wizard can have a US for 1 hour.

- A 3rd level psion can augment the power to have a construct for 2 and a half hours, paying the equivalent of a 2nd level power; a wizard pays a 1st level slot for a US that lasts 3 hours.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ahh, I did miss that. I like it a lot better like that, though the Tuneling power worries me a little bit.

Someone

Adventurer
Stupid double posts. Anyway, you´re right about the Tunneling option; you coult tunnel literally miles with it (through dirt and soil, though), even when prohibiting Extra Speed to work with it. Check the new Tunneling option.

Bront

The man with the probe
Much better.

Also, I would rephrase that a Construct Spends your craft points, instead if leaving it as a may, because why would anyone choose to simply let them if they didn't need to? :lol:

Edit: I'm removing my No vote, though I'm going to give it a day or two to sink in first before I potentialy vote any other way, but I no longer veimently object to anything presented here.

Someone

Adventurer
Bront said:
Much better.

Also, I would rephrase that a Construct Spends your craft points, instead if leaving it as a may, because why would anyone choose to simply let them if they didn't need to? :lol:

Done.

Velmont

First Post
Someone said:
For every 2 additional power points you spend, the level of the astral servant increases by one.

For every 6 additional power points you spend, you can trade one menu option for one choice in a menu one letter higher.

If I remember well, by spending 6 points to gain a higher level construct, the better contruct come with an ability of higher level... so where the point of spending 6 PP on gaining a better ability if a better construct come with a better ability (and many other things).

Someone

Adventurer
Yes, it may seem redundant; its just because of the Very Skilled menu C option. You may want a Medium sized construct with that ability, but only Large of bigger constructs can have it; that augmentation opens that possibility.

Erekose13

Explorer
Quick examination of the mobility side of things.

A menu options: four-legged, swim
Available at 1st level+

B menu options: none
Available at 5th level+ (astral servant = astral construct 4)

C menu options: fly, tunnel
Available at 11th level+ (astral servant = astral construct 7)

Duration wise you will still end up with a flying steed at 11th level that lasts for 11 hours. To me for 11pp that seems pretty fare (teleport is only 9pp).

I don't have any other qualms with this power, though I'd still like something explicit that allowed boost construct to work with it.

Someone

Adventurer
Erekose13 said:
Duration wise you will still end up with a flying steed at 11th level that lasts for 11 hours. To me for 11pp that seems pretty fare (teleport is only 9pp).

Actually, not, since duration changed. That would be 110 minutes now, though you can augment that -at higher levels, of course-. A flying steed has other uses other than combat, but with around 16 hit points is a dangerous proposal to be used in combat.

I don't have any other qualms with this power, though I'd still like something explicit that allowed boost construct to work with it.

There it is:
[...]The Boost Construct feat benefits Astral Servants the same way as Astral Constructs.

Remove ads