• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New race: Trepadi

Paultimatum

First Post
I am trying out a new race I created, and would welcome any comments/criticisms/suggestions. This is my first attempt at creating a race, so please tell me if it appears too under or overpowered, or if something is unclear. I have some ideas for changing it in either direction. Also, I am new to this site and don't know how to put text under a show hide button or make it take up only part of the page, so that would also be helpful. Anyway, here goes:

Trepadi

RACIAL TRAITS
Average Height: 4’ 8” - 5’ 6”
Average Weight: 90 -150

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Elven or Dwarven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Acrobatics
Quick Reactions: You gain a +1 racial bonus to reflex defense.
Trepadi Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longsword
or the warhammer.
Constant Motion: Twice per encounter, when you successfully slide an
enemy you can shift 1 square.
Incredible Leap: You can use incredible leap as anencounter power.

Incredible Leap Trepadi Racial Power .
A javelin speeds towards your head, only to find you
already soaring through the air.
Encounter
Immediate Interrupt Personal
Trigger: You are attacked.
Effect: Jump 4 squares in any direction. The enemy attacking
you takes a -2 penalty to their attack roll, and does half
damage if they hit. You take a penalty to your jump
distance equal to twice your armor’s movement penalty.
Increase jump distance and attack roll penalty to 5 squares
and -3 at 11th level and 6 squares and -4 at 21st level.
Special: You can also choose to use this as a standard
and move action. If you do, the jump distance is doubled.
[FONT=&quot](Note: The choices of language and weapon proficiency correspond to the place from which a Trepadi came. If they lived alongside the dwarves they know dwarven and are proficient with the warhammer, if they lived alongside the elves they know elven and are proficient with the longsword.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]P[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HYSICAL [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Q[/FONT][FONT=&quot]UALITIES[/FONT]
Trepadi have shadowy skin that reflects their centuries of living in twilight. While they can have skin of human complexion, Trepadi can also be deep blue, green, or violet, and sometimes have patterned flesh or a faint glow about them. Their hair can be of nearly any color, but usually is similar dusk or the sunset in some way. They usually chose to wear their hair in the style of the race with which they stayed. Trepadi are relatively small, but their muscles are very tense. In their legs, and to a lesser extent in their arms, they have bow-like structures made of bone, which can be compressed and then released instantly to perform amazing feats of athletics.
Trepadi mature at roughly the same speed as humans. Once they are full grown, however, they change very little until the end of their lives. Trepadi can live for up to four centuries, remaining lively to their last years.

[FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]REPADI [/FONT][FONT=&quot]H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ISTORY[/FONT]
The Trepadi are an ancient race that has long lived in the shadow of the elves and the dwarves. They live in the twilight of either the deepest elven forests or the edges of dwarven mines. Trepadi are quite rare, and few outside the clans of elves and dwarves that live alongside them know of their existence. This is because they rarely leave their twilight homes except to visit their neighbor city. While Trepadi spend as much of their time within these cities as their own, they have until recently allowed no visitors to spot them. Also in the interest of secrecy, Trepadi chose small clans to befriend, and insist that they tell no one. The reason for this secrecy is unknown to all but their elders, who simply said that there will come a time for the Trepadi to join the world at large, but that it is not now. Or it was not the time. Trepadi are said to be deeply linked to the earth and ancient enchantments. The earth is changing, and the time of the Trepadi is beginning. More are being found travelling the world. The magic and abilities within them are showing themselves as the unknown source of their power grows. While most Trepadi do not know the reason for this, they are happy with their elders’ change of opinion, and anxious to finally get a chance to explore and change the world.

Trepadi Feats:

Crushing Charge [Trepadi]
Prerequisites: Trepadi
Benefit: When using the Incredible Leap racial power as a standard and move action, if you land adjacent to an enemy you can treat it as a charge attack. If you are wielding a two handed weapon or versatile weapon with two hands, you gain a additional bonus to your attack and damage rolls equal to half the number of squares remaining you could have jumped (if you had jumped your maximum distance). For example, if you could have jumped 8 squares but only jumped 3 to reach your enemy, you would gain a +2 additional bonus to your attack and damage rolls (rounded down).

Twilight’s Grace [Trepadi]
Benefit: If you are first in the initiative order, you gain concealment until you are hit by an attack.

Accelerated Swing [Trepadi]
Benefit: Once per encounter you can choose to either gain a +1 bonus to the attack and damage rolls of an attack made with a melee weapon or to make a melee basic attack as a minor action with a -2 penalty to attack and damage.

Natural Jumper [Trepadi]
Benefit: You gain training in athletics or acrobatics. You also gain a +2 feat bonus to one of these skills, or both if both are already trained.

Random facts: This was loosely based on a jumping bug that jumps and produces 400g s of force.

Last edited:

WYT

First Post
Really cool race. I would change Natural Jumper feat. and would make the character choose between athletics or acrobatics.

Paultimatum

First Post
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I wasn't entirely sure about that feat, and i might change it, but i think that since the skill training feat can be used to gain training in any one skill, and the skill focus feat provides a +3 bonus to a trained skill, it wouldn't be a useful choice without some other bonus.

Paultimatum

First Post
Ok, I tried something like that, only trying to make the feat useful even if both were already trained. I'm not entirely sure if that helps, but i think it does.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads