New RIFTS Game Recruiting

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am looking to start up a new Rifts game online. Here are the details. Let's see who's interested.

Venue: Chat Room. I believe the Palladium Books Chat Room will do nicely. I've used it before.
Time: Either Wednesdays or Fridays from 13:00 to 17:00 (1 pm to 5 pm) CST (GMT -6). The meeting would be twice a month, the first and third week of each month.
Start Date: Depends on interest. As soon as I have 3 or more reliable players we will begin regular game sessions. I will require an email contact from each player.
Setting: Chi-Town 'Burbs circa. 109 PA. The campaign will be based on characters who live in or around the 'Burbs and have grown up or spent most of their lives there. Non-humans as well as magic-users are super psychics will face potential persecution from local CS forces or angry human mobs and may be forced to rely on the Black Market and price hikes or taxes to acquire basic necessities.
Characters: Players may be either human or humanoid SDC D-Bees who can pass for human. SDC D-Bee means the D-Bee has no natural MDC and no ability to deal MD without augmentation or MDC weapons. OCCs and starting equipment may be selected from the Rifts: Ultimate Edition core rulebook only, but other options may become available as the game progresses. OCCs will be limited to those of the Adventurers & Scholars, Psychics, Coalition Soldiers, the Merc Soldier, and the Mystic. Multiclassing may be available to take advantage of more powerful OCCs such as the Juicer or Ley Line Walker as the campaign progresses.
House Rules: Very few. Of course a number of things may be open to interpretation. But I intend to keep things simple. I will be using the optional rules for Hit Point/S.D.C. Damage While Inside M.D.C. Armor on R:UE, page 355. I will also use an extrapolation of those rules allowing for SDC characters inside MDC armor to be damaged by the sheer force of SDC attacks at a ratio of 1:7. For every 7 points of SDC damage, an SDC character inside MDC armor will take 1 point of SDC or HP damage (the MDC armor itself remains undamaged unless the total SDC damage is 100+ of course). Also, characters in MDC armor will take SDC damage at a 1:1 ratio from MD attacks; characters in MDC power armor will take SDC damage at a 1:2 ratio from MD attacks; and characters in MDC robots or vehicles will take SDC damage at a 1:3 ratio from MD attacks. (This last rule may be subject to change as it might be too punitive.)
Tone: This is a relatively low-powered game focusing on life in the Chi-Town 'Burbs for brave characters of simple means and origins who dare to defy the Coalition by becoming literate, participating in the Black Market, practicing magic or unapproved psionics, promoting civil liberty and other things the CS would not generally approve of.

So who is interested? Let's see if we can start discussing character concepts, character motivations, and other interesting details to build a cast of characters. I'll get to the details of character creation (which will also be relatively simple) once I have some interest.

I have duplicated this thread on the Forums of the Megaverse.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I've found three players so far over at Pen & Paper Games, so that will probably be the main thread for discussion before the game begins. If you'd like to get in on this game, then hop on over to the link above and join in!

Remove ads