• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New site DnDPowerCards.com seeking volunteers

Milambus

First Post
Dungeons & Dragons Power Cards

A new website dedicated to DnD Power Cards is entering a very early beta stage and I'm seeking volunteers to help with the site.

What is it?
DndPowerCards.com is a site that allows the user to easily search for the powers they would like to print out, then they select a format and style for their cards. Then with a click of a button, a PDF is generated which the user downloads and prints out.

Why a new site?
I love the power cards that Grandpa and many others have been creating and releasing here. However, it seems like with everyone creating their sets there is alot of duplicated work going on. Each person that creates a set of cards not only has to create their layout but they also have to input the data for the powers.

DnDPowerCards.com hopes to solve that problem by separating the data from the formatting. This will hopefully allow people to get the newest powers in their favorite layout more quickly.

How it works?
All of the data for the powers is stored in a database.
All of the formatting for the cards is done via CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).
iFrames are used to display multiple cards per page.
The cards are sent through a HTML to PDF converter, allowing for the best print quality possible.
Multiple layouts are offered (Portrait and Landscape) for the cards.
Multiple styles are offered in each layout.

How can I help?
DnDPowerCards.com is looking for help in two areas:
1. Editors - to enter the data for the powers into the database.
2. Artists - to create the styles and layouts for the cards (must know CSS).

If you would like to help you can post here, or e-mail me at bigbearfozy@yahoo.com

Visit the site at: Dungeons & Dragons Power Cards

Warning: The database only contains enough data for testing purposes currently.

sammy

First Post
Nice site. I wish I was more computer literate to help.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the site up and running. Great idea, and good luck with the project.

Sammy

Milambus

First Post
Thank for the kind words sammy. If you can cut and paste then you have the technical skills required to be an Editor.

Changes:
- Fighter, Paladin and Ranger level 1 powers have been added.
- Users can now sort the powers.
- Merged Class and Race fields, since powers have one or the other not both. This will be used for Paragon Path and Epic Destiny powers as well.

Milambus

First Post
I hadn't thought of that actually, thanks for the idea.

At this point I think finding editors to get all of the powers inserted is the most important. Once the powers are in, it should be easier to attract designers. Or at least that is my hope.

I also want to work on the system for selecting the layout/style for the cards. Make it easier for people to see a preview of their options, and I also want to make it so you can select different styles for different cards and yet still be able to print them out on one page.

I know that there are some powers which do not fit correctly on a card, so I want users to be able to select a different style for those cards (with a small font, or no boxes on the side, etc).

almuric

First Post
I can help. I know CSS pretty well (just had to learn it to make my wife's website) and I have all the books in PDF, so I can copy and paste. I also can code, so if you can tell me what format you want things in, I might be able to automate the import process.

Milambus

First Post
Updates:
- You can now select the style for individual cards before you print them.
- Fixed many CSS errors.
- Added new Landscape styles.

Remove ads