• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Soulknife/Rogue Feat Idea

Jurble

First Post
Hi everyone,

so i have this idea for a soulknife feat, in the spirit of some extra feats/expansion of soulknives that was pointed out to me: http://toosigma.com/rpg/workshop/feats/mindblade.php

In a previous thread i was thinking about a feat which makes the mindblade completely invisible and what its effects would be.

Rogues Mindblade

You gain the ability to form various lockpicks in place of a mindblade

You can focus the energy of your mindblade in a nonvisible specturm, rendering it completely invisible. This give your opponent -2 to his dex bonus as he cannot see your weapon

Prerequisites:
Form Mind Blade, Weapon Finesse Mindblade?

What do you think about the balancing of this feat?

:)

M

Plot-Device

First Post
I'd Change it to this:

Rouge Mindblade
Prerequisites: Ability to form a mindblade, Open Lock 10 Ranks, Shape Mindblade

Benfit: As a move action you may reform your mindblades to form lockpicking tools. Add Sneaky to the list of availible enhancement on your mindblade. A Sneaky mindblade does +1d6 sneak attack for a +2 bonus. If your mindblades have the Sneak enhancement, the lockpicking tools are considered masterwork.
In addition, you have the option of reform your mindblade so that it is non-visible. This is extremly confusing. You are treated as though having the improved feint feat as long as you keep your blades invisible. This feat is can not be used in conjunction with Brilliant Energy or Energy Blade enhancemnts. In addition, if you attempted to hurl an invisible mindlblade you take -4 to hit.
You lose the benefit of this Improved Feint if your opponent can see the blades, via See Invisibility or something like that. If your blades are subject the Purge Invisibility they become visibile, but you can just spend a move action to make them invisible again.

You'd need Shape Mindblade to make 2 of something. If this seems like a lot of bonus remember that the total requirements are 3 feats, 8 ranks in concentration, and 10 ranks in Open Lock.

Last edited:

What's Energy Blade?

(A die of sneak attack is (very well-balanced, actually) as a +1 bonus, rather than +2. Compare to psychokinetic (+1d4 unconditionally for +1) or holy.)

Plot-Device said:
I'd Change it to this:

Rouge Mindblade
Sometimes, spelling is so, so important. A feat that allowed a character's mindblade to be used for application of cosmetics is one of those feats that only somebody who took feats to show how much of a "role player" they were would take.

Plot-Device

First Post
Energy Blade [Mindblade, Psionic]

Prerequisites: Form Mindblade, Concentration 6 ranks.
Benefit: Choose one energy type from acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. Your mindblade adds a single point of damage of the chosen energy type on each successful attack. You also add the energy special abilities corresponding to the chosen energy type to your list of special abilities. For example, if you choose fire, you add the Flaming and Flaming Burst special abilities to your list of available special abilities.
Special: You can take this feat more than once. Each time you must choose a different energy type.

Doesn't make sense to have invisible blades the are wreathed in fire or giving off brilliant enegery. Kinda ruins the experience.

I only put it at +2 because I thought thats what the actual Sneak Attacking enhancement was. And by that I mean, I'm pretty sure I saw a sneak attacking enhancement once.

Sidenote: Gotta add something to my feat. And change the spelling.

Narsil

First Post
comrade raoul said:
Sometimes, spelling is so, so important. A feat that allowed a character's mindblade to be used for application of cosmetics is one of those feats that only somebody who took feats to show how much of a "role player" they were would take.

Or the French word 'rouge' would allow the Mindblade to be coloured red. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads