• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Spell Idea

Navar

Explorer
Minor Create Living Spell
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 3, Clr 3
Components: V, S, M, (DF)
Casting Time: Special (See Text)
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One Created Creature
Duration: 1 Min/level
Saving Throw: N/A
Spell Resistance: N/A
You create a living spell. You cast this spell with a 0-2 level spell to generate a living version of that spell.

Create Living Spell
Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Clr 5
Same as Minor Create Living spell, but you can use a spell up to level 4

Major Create Living Spell
Level: Sor/Wiz 7, Clr 7
Same as Minor Create Living spell, but you can use a spell up to level 6

What do you think?

Knight Otu

First Post
(Without the book, I have to go by the Dragon article that previewed them).
Living Spells are a byproduct of a long war and the mysterious destruction of a nation. They are area spells that became permanent, and gained a semblance of sentience - effectively becoming oozes.

Interesting spells. I've actually thought that willful creation of a living spell could be done with a metamagic feat, but without the template, I can't do much. Since the living spells created by your spells are not permanent, I guess they are pretty much balanced.

Navar

Explorer
I used a new spell because I wanted them to be templeted like the "summon monster" spells. That is why I posted it, because I was not sure the best way to work the spells. A feat might be better, but I am not sure how it would work.

And Living spells are from Eberron. They are Oozes that were once spells. My idea is that the spell gives the other spell just enough life to become an ooze for a while, then it dissipates.

Zephyrus

First Post
ARandomGod said:
OK, I'll bite.
What's a living spell?QUOTE]

Its a spell become creature. A template the turns a spell into a Ooze. Generally speeking getting hit by the ooze subjects you to the spell effect. likewise if it attempts to engulph you.. two sample's are provided in the book. a Living Burning Hands and a Living Cloud Kill. the Burning Hands spell is generally unfriendly.. the Cloud Kill is scary!

Remove ads