• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New SW Products?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Dominic said:
I dont think that it is competeing for sales, just resources within WotC itself. Wotc has a finite amount of resources, and they are chosing minis over RPG, for whatever reason - LFL and licensing is my guess.
WHAT?! WotC is a subsidiary of Hasbro - a HUGE company. I'm sure that if the chairman sitiing in for WotC on Hasbro's Board of Directors asked for a little more funding - they just might get it.

Dominic

First Post
Frukathka said:
WHAT?! WotC is a subsidiary of Hasbro - a HUGE company. I'm sure that if the chairman sitiing in for WotC on Hasbro's Board of Directors asked for a little more funding - they just might get it.
I'm afraid that that is part of the problem - asking for resources. It's been a long time since a new SWRPG book came out - clearly they aren't asking for resources. Why aren't they asking - I don't know. My guess (clearly a guess) is that there is some hangup with licensing and RPG books. Perhaps it's because LFL was busy with the movies, but they found time to approve all the Star Wars Minis - and there have been a lot of Star Wars Minis over the past year.

I filled out at least a dozen of the survey cards that came with the first set of miniatures, and slanted every answer I could towards using them with the RPG, and not as a miniatures game, but I doubt they will get the message.

Anyway, I have enough source material to keep my home campaign running for years, and I've already started to adapt some of the d20 future stuff for use, so for me Star Wars will continue. Finding new players - that will be an issue.

edit:
SHould have mentioned - there has been an interesting discussion on the Yahoo RPGA group for Living Force on just this topic over the last few days. Perhaps a few more answers can be found there.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Frukathka said:
Possible but with big organizations like that theirs always those that out of favor with the rest of the clique WotC might be in such a boat or it might just be the SWd20… Their other lines are running great it would seem… but with a book mostly done, or all the way done, not releasing it because of a licensing hang-up or cause they don’t see a profit.

Whatever it is their not talking about it and they don’t want you talking about it on their message board. :\

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Frukathka said:
Thats crazy.
Last time I was there, there was an announcement saying that all concerns and speculation about the state of SWd20 should be directed to one thread. (So I guess my original statement could be misleading.)

Aris Dragonborn

First Post
First, let me say that the following is just speculation.

I think that the reason there has been no new SWd20 SB's is simple:

WotC is putting the finishing touches on a new Core Rulebook.

See, the current core book (revised) came out in 2002, just in time for the the release of the Attack of the Clones. The revised core book contained all the info on the previous movies, plus new info on AotC.

Now, it's 2005, and RotS is in theaters. I think that at GenCon, WotC will reveal a new core book, updated with new info from RotS. WotC will also announce plans on publishing new SB's: A RotE SB, the second NJO SB, a KotOR SB, Ultimate Battlestations, and other projects.

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Brother Shatterstone said:
Last time I was there, there was an announcement saying that all concerns and speculation about the state of SWd20 should be directed to one thread. (So I guess my original statement could be misleading.)
Okay, that makes ense.

Staffan

Legend
Aris Dragonborn said:
Now, it's 2005, and RotS is in theaters. I think that at GenCon, WotC will reveal a new core book, updated with new info from RotS. WotC will also announce plans on publishing new SB's: A RotE SB, the second NJO SB, a KotOR SB, Ultimate Battlestations, and other projects.
That's an... optimistic way of looking at things. I don't think it's very likely though - I know that if I was releasing a big updated core book, I'd want to drum up interest in it beforehand. Surprise releases rarely work well, compared to releases that are actually marketed.

Dominic

First Post
I truly hope that WotC can release a new book with info from Revenge of the Sith, as a GM it would great to have official stats and so forth to add to my campaign. However, if they are going to release it at GenCon, they need to let loose the Marketing Dogs to get out the press. I think it is reasonable to expect them to announce a new book at GenCon, and then have it released by the end of the year.

Perhaps WotC could throw us a bone? Please...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads