New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Mewness

First Post
She sits back down, and takes another sip of her wine, as Papolstaanas's stammering begins to trail off.

"...d-damn F-F-Fazizzle," Papolstaanas mutters, eventually becoming silent.

"Um... why where you reading a copy of Azantia? Is theology something you're interested in?"

Relieved by her words, Papolstaanas recovers himself somewhat, and begins to speak in a more normal tone. "Well, not really..." he begins, before pausing to give her a skeptical look. "Are you... actually interested? I mean, I would certainly understand if you really weren't. I know I've made a poor impression." He can't help but smile a little at this massive understatement...

Jynxx leans back in his chair, content at watching what everyone was doing.

But at this point, Papolstaanas notices the attention of others in the tavern, and those who might have been under the impression that kobolds cannot blush soon learn otherwise.

BenBrown

First Post
Relieved by her words, Papolstaanas recovers himself somewhat, and begins to speak in a more normal tone. "Well, not really..." he begins, before pausing to give her a skeptical look. "Are you... actually interested? I mean, I would certainly understand if you really weren't. I know I've made a poor impression." He can't help but smile a little at this massive understatement...

"I am intererested in theology,"
Kaeysari replies. "Or... er, were you asking if I was interested in where you got your book? I'm curious about that. I wasn't aware that it was known outside of the Imperium. I'd like to know what other theological books you can get around here." She stops. "Sorry, I'm going on like this. In the Imperium you sometimes get the impression that nobody outside knows anything about the gods. It's not true, but the idea sticks with you, so Azantia surprised me."

In the tavern enters white-indigo deva, in bright red tunic, dark, almost black pants tucked into red boots and with golden helm and cloak. Gleaming chainmail can be glimpsed (and heard) behind the tunic.

Cyr is among 'pale' deva's so his skin is alabaster white with indigo markings. Eyes are also indigo, his hair is shoulder length white with indigo streaks in zig-zag pattern remniscient of stylized lightning.

"Good day, everyone. I am Cyr Iannes."
Turning toward serving girl
"Good lady, would you fetch me some fine wine, please?"

He looks over tavern patrons and sits beside someone who appears as if needing someone to talk to.

OOC: I'll read up later who's in the tavern :)

Mewness

First Post

"I am intererested in theology,"
Kaeysari replies. "Or... er, were you asking if I was interested in where you got your book? I'm curious about that. I wasn't aware that it was known outside of the Imperium. I'd like to know what other theological books you can get around here." She stops. "Sorry, I'm going on like this. In the Imperium you sometimes get the impression that nobody outside knows anything about the gods. It's not true, but the idea sticks with you, so Azantia surprised me."

"Oh. I guess I was asking whether you were interested in talking to me," Papolstaanas says, "because I wouldn't think that... I don't know much about the gods at all. And the book was given to me, actually." He pauses again awkwardly. "I've never met anyone from the Imperium here. Or talked to a lot of humans, for that matter. May... may I sit down?" He indicates the bench opposite her.

[sblock=ooc]In the tavern, by my count, are Jynxx and Alissa (sitting together); Rocco the dwarf (sitting alone); and Kaeysari and Papolstaanas. Three defenders and two leaders, woo![/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
The door to the tavern swings wide again, and a massive goliath ducks his head to step through the doorway. Returning to his full height, his head nearly brushes the ceiling as he begins to survey the taverns patrons. Watery blue eyes peer out from a dark grey traveling cloak, tufts of white animal fur visible under its fringes. The floor boards creak under his weight as he begins to step forward. The handle of a well worn maul causes his cloak to jut out at an odd angle and twin hand axes are visible at his hip.

Striding to the bar, he asks for a mug of water, a deep bass voice remarkably quiet, barely heard over the conversations of the other patrons. After receiving his drink, he heads to the nearest unoccupied wall and begins to slowly sip his drink, seeming to savor the taste

OOC: Cyr is an invoker (controller)

Cyr comes to sit with the dour dwarf.
"May I?"

If given permission, he nods silently and sits observing the proceedings in the tavern and stealing few glances to gauge dwarfs reaction. He carefully keeps quiet, his coming is an offer, he will not force anything.

BenBrown

First Post
"Oh. I guess I was asking whether you were interested in talking to me," Papolstaanas says, "because I wouldn't think that... I don't know much about the gods at all. And the book was given to me, actually." He pauses again awkwardly. "I've never met anyone from the Imperium here. Or talked to a lot of humans, for that matter. May... may I sit down?" He indicates the bench opposite her.

Kaeysari nods at the bench. Got to keep him talking until he sobers up a bit.

"If you're looking to talk to people from the Imperium or to humans, I'm afraid you'll find me a bit lacking." She gives a slightly embarrassed smile. "I've spent fourteen years in the Imperial army, but that was the Imperium to me. I've spent maybe two weeks total in Isolate Prime during that time, while in transit from one frontier to another, so I can't really tell you much about life there, if that's what you're looking for. Still, I'll try to answer any questions you have."

Mewness

First Post
"If you're looking to talk to people from the Imperium or to humans, I'm afraid you'll find me a bit lacking." She gives a slightly embarrassed smile. "I've spent fourteen years in the Imperial army, but that was the Imperium to me. I've spent maybe two weeks total in Isolate Prime during that time, while in transit from one frontier to another, so I can't really tell you much about life there, if that's what you're looking for. Still, I'll try to answer any questions you have."

Papolstaanas quickly fetches his things from the table that he was sitting at before. Once again, he lays his backpack on a bench, shoves it a little closer to the table, and sits perched on top of it, opposite Kaeysari. Listening to her, he becomes a little taken aback by the seriousness of her manner. Does she somehow consider it her duty to enlighten him? "I wasn't specifically trying to meet humans from the Imperium. Believe it or not, I actually do know better than to begin an acquaintance by grossly insulting someone." He smiles wryly. Then he considers her words and peers at her more closely. "Did you say you're not human? I thought you were."

Mezegis

First Post
The large barbarian's gaze drifts from person to person, conversation to conversation. Mentally he guages and ranks the physical capabilities of those he sees. The shifter looks decent, she's probably seen a battle or two. The kobold is... intrigueing... they can be wily little devils. The deva trying to make friendly with a dwarf, well no accounting for tastes, but they are strongly connected with their ancestors, a noble trait. Minstrel's are minstrel's... he thinks, his hand unconsciously checking to make sure his items are still where he last placed them.

Eyes returning to his cup, the goliath takes a long swallow and slowly lets the refreshing liquid wash the travel dust from his throat. I don't think I'll ever get used to not not having to thaw out the water before drinking. It loses some of its chill, but the ease is worth it.

BenBrown

First Post
"Did you say you're not human? I thought you were."

Kaeysari smiles wistfully. "Mostly I am, but some of my ancestors back a few hundred years ago were skin-changers. Lycanthropes. I'm what they call a Shifter. A bit of the old wolf-blood in me. Some people don't deal with it well. Too many werewolf stories growing up, maybe. I can't turn into a wolf-beast--wouldn't know how. When I get into a fight, get hurt, I get a little bit of it sometimes, but otherwise I'm no different than any other soldier."

Remove ads