New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Tenchuu

First Post
Into the Hanged Man Inn stepped Rujah Neth, a powerfully built Dragonborn of somewhat unconventional hue. His colorations closely resembled those of a green dragon, his musculature obviously marking him as a melee combatant. With a smile, he took a seat a slight ways from other, observing for now.
Jin looked up from his seat at the bar, looking suspiciously at the Dragonborn. Is he here for me? Jin thought. Not wanted to be caught by surprise, Jin finished his spirit, stood up, and moved toward the intimidating being.

He steps up with a nod, "Name's Jin. And you?"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
A halfling walks under the swinging doors to the hanged man with head heald high. He pulls out a poster that almost touches the floor as he holds it high over his head.

It reads:

Reward: 150,000 gold pieces for proof of death of:

Mikara Li Mesadh
Tristan Moonblade
Dextyr M'rgan
The revenant known as Blade
Tonk

This bounty may be claimed at the offices of Blorstrob, Eisenfeld & Grimm, number 3 Eisenstrasse, Daunton. First come, first served.
He tacks it to the wall and strolls out under the swinging doors once more.

[sblock=OOC] This is not an adventure offer, just for dramatic effect. See Can Dextyr Keep All These Strikers Alive[/sblock]​

Theroc

First Post
"Name's Jin. And you?"

Rujah looked to the human male, his head tilting slightly. "An interesting introduction... my name is Rujah Neth. How fare your travels?" The Dragonchild replied, adding what he thought was a friendly response. His tail sweeping lightly across the floor idly as he observed the man, taking care to also listen for anything interesting elsewhere in the Inn.

Tenchuu

First Post
"Name's Jin. And you?"

Rujah looked to the human male, his head tilting slightly. "An interesting introduction... my name is Rujah Neth. How fare your travels?" The Dragonchild replied, adding what he thought was a friendly response. His tail sweeping lightly across the floor idly as he observed the man, taking care to also listen for anything interesting elsewhere in the Inn.

"Long, but hopefully at an end for a while," Jin said. "I have traveled many, many leagues, yet I hope this is a place I can settle down for a bit. And yourself, Rujah? Have you traveled far?" He relaxed a bit, but was still aware of the dragonborn's movements.

The look of Jin's clothing was not common in this part of the world.

Theroc

First Post
"Long, but hopefully at an end for a while. I have traveled many, many leagues, yet I hope this is a place I can settle down for a bit. And yourself, Rujah? Have you traveled far?"

Rujah could tell the man was not a local from things besides his words, as well as his unease. Listening to the man's questions, he nodded.

"I do. I hail from a land I can hardly remember. It seems my appearance is not the norm of my kind... and it drew attention to me which my parents did not want, and so they sent me off with traveler's. I have not seen them for years... and I do not even remember how to go home, should I wish to."

BenBrown

First Post
A big cheerful looking Orc, overhearing Rujah's last speech, clomps over, a huge axe slung over his back, and a bundle of animal pelts hung under his arm.'
"Fenwick also originate in territory that now unfindable. Fenwick sympathize." He pauses. You maybe want to buy some hides?

Tenchuu

First Post
"I do. I hail from a land I can hardly remember. It seems my appearance is not the norm of my kind... and it drew attention to me which my parents did not want, and so they sent me off with traveler's. I have not seen them for years... and I do not even remember how to go home, should I wish to."

Listening to his story, Jin felt he could trust the dragonman. While he still watched for signs of treachery, Jin relaxed his stance. He was about to reply when the Orc walked over.

"Fenwick also originate in territory that now unfindable. Fenwick sympathize." He pauses. You maybe want to buy some hides?

Jin nods at the Orc with a curt smile, then returns his attention to the Dragonborn. "We are well met then, Rujah Neth. In my community, I was...cast out as well. I, too, can never return to my home. I...appologize for my previous rude behavior; it seems I have lost my manners in my long journey. I am Ashikaga Jin'emon."

Jin gives a medium bow to the Dragonman. With the fear of an assassin now passed, Jin felt oddly comforted by Rujah's presence; a reminder of his home.

Theroc

First Post
Shortly after he replied to the human, an Orc approached and began speaking. Momentarily Rujah's instinct was to prepare to defend himself, but he resisted the impulse, instead turning his head towards the being.

"Fenwick also originate in territory that now unfindable. Fenwick sympathize. You maybe want to buy some hides?"

Rujah smiled faintly, his hide armor currently undamaged, an indication he had no need for hides at this time, but before he replied, the human spoke once more.

"We are well met then, Rujah Neth. In my community, I was...cast out as well. I, too, can never return to my home. I...appologize for my previous rude behavior; it seems I have lost my manners in my long journey. I am Ashikaga Jin'emon."

"Ah, I see. Well met, Ashikaga Jin'emon." Rujah then turned towards the orc to avoid being rude. "Well met, Fenwick... regrettably, I have no need for hides currently, my armor is undamaged. It seems this Inn has rather friendly patrons. Though, I believe I could return home should I wish to, I would need to be prepared for whatever happened previously, and to deal with what I am. However, I do not know exactly what that is. I simply know I am not the same as others of my kind..."

Tenchuu

First Post
"Ah, I see. Well met, Ashikaga Jin'emon." Rujah then turned towards the orc to avoid being rude. "Well met, Fenwick... regrettably, I have no need for hides currently, my armor is undamaged. It seems this Inn has rather friendly patrons. Though, I believe I could return home should I wish to, I would need to be prepared for whatever happened previously, and to deal with what I am. However, I do not know exactly what that is. I simply know I am not the same as others of my kind..."

Jin nodded. "I see. Perhaps you can find out more, here. I am in a similar position. I'm looking for a new purpose..." As if on queue, his stomach grumbled loudly. "And looking for food, it would seem. I have no coin, but I am told work can be found here. So far all I see is this poster."

Jin points, but shakes his head. "Paper looks worn though. Probably old."

Theroc

First Post
"I see. Perhaps you can find out more, here. I am in a similar position. I'm looking for a new purpose... And looking for food, it would seem. I have no coin, but I am told work can be found here. So far all I see is this poster."

Rujah chuckled lightly at the growling stomach. He himself rarely wanted for sustenance, as what he could not afford he could hunt down with his ties to the land. Usually anyway, as his memory served.

"I see. Well, perhaps you'll have more luck in this region as well. And I do hope I find the answers someday. It would be a shame to know your whole life you were special, but never know why."

Remove ads