New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Dekana

Explorer
Jax returns the gith's nod with a cheerful wave. Mostly so he can avoid eye contact with the apparently insane drow woman, Jax takes a good look at each of his new companions. He nods respectfully to the half-orc and the dusty-armored Crag. Jax's gaze lingers on the warforged with burnished armor, however, and his fixed reptilian grin widens even more so than usual.

"Will you be coming along, rock-man? While we return the whatever-it-is?" he asks hopefully. Already Jax is dreaming of tying a leash around one of Ingot's ankles and leading him back to his unfortunately small treasure pile.

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Hey guys, just a quick word to say I'm submitting a lvl 2 adventure by the end of this week, i've alradt got 4 players and have space for 2 more, I can wait until the adventure comes to the tavern properly, but an early sign up gives me a chance to work in character back-stories. Ideally the group could definitely do with a healing Leader, and either a controller or defender. I'd rather not take lv 1's (cos there are already 2 signed up). If you're interested PM me :D[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Crag said:
Crag nods at the kobold as he takes a seat and then wonders to himself how we would protect one so small...

"Greetings, small one. I am Crag. Please tell me, Jax was it?, what you do. How do you handle yourself in a fight? I just need to know so that Terra and I can anticipate your needs on the battle field. It is nice to meet you, by the way."
"Good to meet you too, Crag. I try not to fight too much at all. Better to just not be seen. But..." Jax draws one of his daggers and stabs at the air with it. "I run behind around and slip this between their ribs. It usually takes a good jump to get at them too!" He returns the dagger to its sheath.

"My needs, hmm? You look tough. Somebody stabs you and their dagger would bounce off. How about you distract the enemy, then I come up behind them for a quick stabbing?"
[sblock=ooc / tactics]Jax is intentionally kind of fragile with 24 hp and 17 AC. (I won't be at all surprised if he meets an early death ;)) Instead, I focused more on mobility and getting a high to-hit bonus. With shifty and his 1st level feat, he should almost always be able to flank (and get sneak attack).
I'm thinking that Jax will stay very close to Crag during any fighting. He's pretty cowardly, so he'll use the warforged as his personal bodyguard / flanking partner.[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag nods at the kobold, liking his barking speech.

"That is a wise tactic, small one. Stay close to me and Terra can protect us both. Just make sure that I have someones full and undivided attention before you try to slip around them. Especially if there are others around."

[sblock=ooc / tactics] That's cool, Crag more than makes up for it with 49 hit points (and an at-will that gives my con mod (5) in temp HP) and an AC of 21 (26 during Second Wind). Having a flanking partner would make Crag VERY happy, as his to-hit kinda sucks and he needs the extra +2 bonus to hit as much as possible, lol. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The wizard stands up and nods to himself.

"Ok, I've considered the options and I've made up my mind. The warforgeds, the half-orc, the kobold and the gith shall follow me as I've already arranged a more private room to discuss our plans" Ezren says, beckoning you to follow.

[sblock=ooc]
So I'll go with Crag, Ingot, Dorn, Rrek, and Jax.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...-errand-dm-renau1g-judge-tbd.html#post4996489

Skalisss, Fragsie's got a place for you, I just think you're too strong for this current adventure. Hopefully I can have you in a future game though, I love your PC.
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Skalisss, Fragsie's got a place for you, I just think you're too strong for this current adventure. Hopefully I can have you in a future game though, I love your PC.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
No worries R1, I'm sync'ing up with Fragsie now. Happy hunting!
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
A well dressed, dark skinned man entered the Hanged Man. He scanned the crowed as he approached the bar keep, appraising the talent. After a quick, hushed conversation with the barkeep, he spoke up.

"Looking to hire some adventurers. Simple work on a local island, If you are interested, come see me," the man said, pointing to a booth near the door, and then proceeding there.

[sblock=Streetwise DC15]You recognize the man as Lord Byron Anderson, a local businessman and minor noble. He is not terribly popular or well-known, but has a reputation among some circles as being an honest businessman.[/sblock]

The man was short and stocky, sporting a flashy hat that sat upon his poofy hair. He beckoned any interested parties to have a seat and gave his pitch.

"I am Lord Byron Anderson, pleased to be of your acquaintance," He said to each, then explained, "I have an investiment on the transitive Isle of Isceald. For the past six months, it was missing, lost to the mystic seas we live in. Recently, fisherman spotted the island's return. I sent a cargo ship, expecting a huge haul, but found the staging camp abandoned."

"I fear what the mysterious nature of the Transitive Isles has done to my business venture, and I need some adventurers to investigate. I would gladly pay you for your time, and I would... understand if some of my property could not be located; it has been several months."

[sblock=Game Details]
Hello! Looking for 4-5 players, level 1-2. The Judges calculated the adventure draft to take several months to play and resulting in 1 or more levels worth of experience. I'll be trying to tweak it as we go to keep things moving at a good pace. There are 6 combat encounters, and as many as 7 non-combat encounters (which, depending how fun they are to play, I may just cut or combine with combat encounters).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mohalloran

First Post
The door of the tavern opens slowly as Ceryx enters the tavern. Outside the large sword hanging at his side, one might have mistaken him for a scholar. The tall, lanky Deva seems to have no physical specialties, as his talk lanky frame seem to make him a little clumsy as he walks, and his thin build looks to have average, although well definied, muscle mass. But once again, the falchion hanging from his waist would say differently.

Ceryx lowers the hood on his robes and scans the tavern, noticing the small group of adventures being lead into a back room. He mutters to himself, "What luck."

Within a few moments of entering the tavern, Ceryx finds his way over to the bar. "Good sir, I require two ales please." And after receiving his ales, Ceryx finds a nice comfy table in the corner of the tavern and takes a seat facing the room in front of him.

johnmeier1

Explorer
A tall half-elf, lithe in frame enters the tavern. He wears well made chainmail armor and carries a longbow across his back with a few daggers at his belt. There is a flute tucked into his belt. He takes notice of the Deva seated at the comfy table in the corner, then of the man with the feathered cap at the bar. Approaching the bar he nods to the man and strikes up a conversation.

"Looks like you are also a traveling noble, sir. My name is Wil Rando and I have recently come to this city. How goes it with you?"

He listens to the tale of Lord Byron Anderson before responding.

"Sounds like a grand adventure! I will see if any others in this tavern are daring enough for the task"

He moves over and asks to join Ceryx at the table.

[sblock=OOC]Just got my second approval for a Bard. That makes one leader and if Ceryx is a striker and interested we have 2!
L4W:pC:Wil Rando (johnmeier1) - ENWiki
[/sblock]

Remove ads