New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Fragsie

Explorer
"Minotaurs!? That is NO easy task you ask of us. I sure hope your boss doesn't expect to pay us with a light purse. One horn-head will cost you. Four horn-heads will cost significantly more. What is your boss's offer as far as payment is concerned?"
"We don't know baby," replies Ted with a forlorn look on his face, "You'll have to arrange that with him."
"Mintotaurs... humans.. what's the difference? They still bleed like normal. They aren't *dragons*, after all."
"I like the cut o' your jib young cleric! With an attitude like that you could survive many years as an adventurer."
"Are we ready to hit the road? I would love to talk to your boss about finding these warriors."
"Indeed, let us be on our way, we are still one down in number, but it seems that there are not many more adventurers hanging around in the tavern today, perhaps we will bump into a few on our way to the docks."
[sblock=OOC]I don't want to get too far into the story before Growl turns up, but I suppose I may as well start a thread for the addy and let you guys continue to RP a bit in there.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The tavern door opens and a slight man enters looking at the crowded structure. He wears rather garish clothing and carries a large sword at his hip.

"Ahh....it's good to be back home. For those new faces around here I'm Murphy Tang, swashbuckler, hired hand, sailor and all around scallywag. Just got back from saving the city and could use a drink. As always I'm available to help out either the cause of justice or whatever else you are looking to do." the man declares confidently, his steps are fluid and measured, he walks with the grace of a hunting cat.

As he reaches the bar, the barkeep already his his drink ready and clasps the newcomers arm warmly. They exchange pleasantries and share a good laugh. His eyes turn to the female drow and a smile creeps across his face. He orders a pair of shots and heads over to her. "Ah, hello m'lady, can't help but notice you from across the room. That's a mighty fine blade you be carrying with you. Names Murphy Tang, yours?" as he offers the drink.

[sblock=ooc]
36645d1221578871-tavern-thread-hanged-man-pirate.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Murphy Tang, level 4 human assassin reporting for duty
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
The door swings open again and in walks a young woman in chainmail. She takes a seat next to the fireplace and looks cold even there.

She spots Murphy "Hey Murphy, you know I still feel chilled, think I won't truely be warm till I get some new action get my blood flowing again."

Looking around the room she looks over the new faces.
"Lots of new people in here, times change rapidly, Hello all, I'm Larinza Tsani, warrior."

changer

First Post
The tavern door once again creaks open, a waft of fridgid air precedes an unasuming human man in what is obviously wizard robes. He makes his way to the bar scanning the faces in the room, nodding to Larinza and Murphy in turn.

He moves with a confident step, a far cry from the previous visit. A haunted look in his eye speaks of sites and experiences not expected nor ordinary. Ordering mulled wine from the inkeep he turns and leans on his scythe staff, with an expectant look on his face he awaits news of more adventure.

"Janus Reinhardt, Ice Wizard, at your service."

renau1g

First Post
"Ah! It's been far too long my friends, far too long indeed. Yeah it's almost impossible to get me the chill from me bones, but some lady friends o' mine have done what they can ta help this poor soul. I s'pose ye've got the right of it there maybe we can find ourselves some more evil wizards to stop although I wouldn't mind staying a bit closer to home. Wouldn't want to be away from my ma y'know" Murphy replies with a wave

[sblock=Janus/Larinza]
You would notice something different about Murphy. He no longer bears the rod of the goblin, instead a large blade at his hip, larger even than Larinza's old one. He also carries a crossbow, shield and a new set of armour.
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Ah Murphy, I see you've come around my man. Finally traded the dark arts for a good solid blade.

She pats him on the back and orders him an ale.
Real work is good for the soul it is, it'll keep ya honest.

Tinwe

First Post
With a long glance over his shoulder at the dragon head pinned to the tavern wall, Shane opens the door and steps out into the chilly air.

mohalloran

First Post
As Ceryx heads for the door, he stops off at the bartender for one blackberry wine to go. After grabbing his drink, he follows his new party out into the daylight, excited for where this new opportunity will take him.

renau1g

First Post
"Ah Murphy, I see you've come around my man. Finally traded the dark arts for a good solid blade.

She pats him on the back and orders him an ale.
Real work is good for the soul it is, it'll keep ya honest.

"Aye, I spent a few weeks with them Lautites after the last battle and we got ta talking about how things shook down. They convinced me there ain't no use in trying ta blast things with powers granted by them fey folks. They're not trustworthy, they said it's why I couldn't hit them so much, them fey take pleasure in messin' with us common folks. So they started showing me how ta use a blade, turns out I'm quite a natural type when it comes ta stabbing folks. They even gave me this new blade when I traded'em my ol' rod we got from that goblin. They said it rewards those who send new souls to Lauto. I gotta tell ya, I feel like a new man. Yessir, I sure as hope we can find another to need us ta save Daunton. I loves my city" Murphy Tang says, a wide smile across his face and a drink in his hands, he also looks up at the dragon parts on the wall.

Looking to Janus and Larinza "Hmm, its too bad we couldn't grab that ice guy, seems like we gotta bring back the corpses of ones we kill to put up on the wall. " he says with a chuckle, shaking his head at what others thought was tasteful.

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

The doors to the tavern open gently and in steps an unassuming Deva, he wears robes of brightly embroidered dark silks and his deep purple skin is offset by patterns of royal blue markings. Though his posture exudes the presence of someone of no consequence; the pure white orbs that are his eyes seem to take in every little detail of the common room and its occupants.
Noticing the notice on the wall, the Deva bows slightly to whomever is looking his way and introduces himself quietly but clearly; "I am Psais, in this moment, I am to be an adventurer."

The Deva walks slowly to a table near the bar where he takes a seat facing the room. He folds his legs under himself in the lotus position, resting his upturned hands on his knees and peacefully watches the room, taking everything that is going on.

Remove ads