New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]A quick question: this dragon head that everyone keeps eyeing. Who killed the dragon? Has there been another dragon fight in L4W that I don't know about?[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

urned to Psais, "I have no real answer for you Psais. It seems more likely that I will raise more questions. I shall, if you wish to hear it, explain why I adventure. I shall attempt to explain why I act as I do, and why my fears to not translate to battle. All with your permission of course."

With a firm nod, Psais indicates that would indeed like to hear Shorrin's story."I am curious, I have only been living this life for a short while, and almost all of it has been spent aboard a ship at sea; my... I am told that I should spend this life adventuring, learning about the people who strive to be heroes."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Gellan is brand new, just submitted for approval. I'm really looking forward to trying out the Whirling Slayer barbarian style.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC, Gellan]Oooh, let me know how it goes. I've been wondering about it.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Whirling Slayer rocks! I've made a bugbear one, see below post for his first full round of combat. 74 damage with an at-will and an encounter, without a crit.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5008295-post47.html
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]A quick question: this dragon head that everyone keeps eyeing. Who killed the dragon? Has there been another dragon fight in L4W that I don't know about?[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
I believe the Crimelord crew was the only successful kill in a completed adventure (although a Simple Errand just killed a mated pair of green wyrmlings)
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Whirling Slayer rocks! I've made a bugbear one, see below post for his first full round of combat. 74 damage with an at-will and an encounter, without a crit.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5008295-post47.html
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I doubt I'll be doing that much damage with my puny little d8 weapons, but it'll be fun, and with a halfling the mobility and evasiveness should be way up there.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
If the Hanged Man were a forest, no one would have noticed Mikara Li Mesadh waking in, but alas, it's a tavern with very little nature in its decor.

"Hey barkeep! What's new?
Like my new leather armor?
Cost me 30 thou."

The leather armor is colored so as to camouflage the wearer in a wooded or shaded environment. If she even stepped behind a door, she would be hard to see. It looks brand new. Not a scratch. Her tunic, however, looks like it was bathed in ox blood.

[sblock=Streetwise 15]It's actually her own blood. She was recently raised from the dead after having been flattened under the foot of a stone elemental[/sblock]

She turns and addresses the bar. Her previous, aloof nature gone.

"No need to look my way. Do not applaud.
You may call me, 'Mikara Li Mesadh."

[sblock=OOC]Level 3 Elf Ranger (Archery Fighting Style). She's not yet approved for 3rd level, but she'll get there. Who's looking for a striker?[/sblock]

Hearing the cricket's chirp, she manages a sheepish smile and takes a seat at the bar.

"Throw me an ale that's not too stale."

dimsdale

First Post

[sblock=ooc]
That would be the group from A Problem with Nobility. You remember Kruk pulling the head out of the sack to show the group while we came back after the adventure. I edited the post so that the head was mounted on the wall. I did this because Tinwe wanted his new character to see it as he entered the tavern for the first time. I hope that wasn't a pbp party foul. If so, let me know and I'll change it back to the way it was.
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I've been wanting to bring in a thunderborne barbarian, but there's so many strikers already. Maybe later. The damage potential on a burst style is ridiculous even at level 1.
I'll probably build a defender of some sort. Is anyone planning an adventure that would benefit from a defender built at level 1 in any particular manner? (I.E. what would best suit the game?)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"No need to look my way. Do not applaud.
You may call me, 'Mikara Li Mesadh."

"Throw me an ale that's not too stale."

The gregarious human standing with his foot up on the chair leaning into the robed human looks up at the elf's appearance. "Hello, m'lady, it appears we haven't met. I'm Murphy Tang, this here's me friend Janus, arcanist extraordinaire. Allow me ta grab yer drink, we just be getting back from a land of ice and snow with nary a drop of tha good stuff in sight. Now I'd be careful throwing around talk of such large amounts of gold spendin' there be scallywags and brigands in here these days, watch yer coinpurse. But now onta happier matters, yer tunic looks like it could be using a good wash, maybe ye let Janus take a look, if ye don't mind, do ya Janus? He's real good at cleaning up." the man says, himself dressed in leather armour, a basterd sword hangs from his hip and a crossbow is strapped to his back.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
With a firm nod, Psais indicates that would indeed like to hear Shorrin's story."I am curious, I have only been living this life for a short while, and almost all of it has been spent aboard a ship at sea; my... I am told that I should spend this life adventuring, learning about the people who strive to be heroes."

"Legends are more than stories that generations pass from generations. They serve to remind us all that people; dragonborn, human, eladrin, dwarven... indeed all races can make life better for us as a whole. While I am dragonborn, my life and death my impact the elven kingdoms, or even the daeva." Shorrin pauses for a moment, as if he is reminding himself that very point. "I travel to fulfill my destiny, to make my legend. I have used a legend my father told me as my guide, yet I find myself doubting how well I travel the path."

Shorrin lets out a quiet hiss, "I admit I do not know if these people that adventure by my side are friends, or if they are mercenaries. My confusion lies there. Am I a mercenary or a hero? Do I work for the rewards or do the ones I protect see the need to help keep me fed and around long enough to help them again?"

Shorrin leans forward, putting his elbows on the table, his eyes burning with a strange green fire. "Which are you Psais? Are you willing to risk your very life for gold, or do you put your body in front of those who cannot withstand what you might? Do you place yourself in harms way for the enjoyment of the coin, or so that a blow may not land on those it would fell?""

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais

Psais listens intently, yet calmly to Shorrin's words, a widening of the eyes is the only sign that the dragonborn's final question was unexpected;

"I am here for them, for you, for all sentient beings that desire a peaceful life in a world where good and evil are in balance. Gold is not something I covet; except in so far as it allows me to achieve my mothe... my goals. I have been told by mortals that my purpose is great; I supposedly have a destiny as you say, yet if I were to die in the act of saving a single life, I would be satisfied."

The Deva ponders his thoughts for a while before speaking again; "Do you know much about the Deva then? We are not a race in the same way as humans, elves, or indeed dragonborn are. We each were once something else, something beyond the physical realm. I myself have not walked the mortal world for a very long time, this is why I know little of how things stand in this era."

"If you are unsure whether you have friends or not, let me be the first to offer you assurance, I would my hand as your friend, if you would accept it?" Psais offers his hand across the table.

Remove ads