• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'd rather have excess controllers than excess defenders... Go ahead and build your druid, I'll get a tank ready in the next couple days. btw, which kind of druid were you thinking?[/sblock]

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]A few weeks ago, I ran a script over the approved characters to see what the race/class breakdown was like. The data are somewhat out of date now, and I see that I completely forgot about assassins, but it might still be of some interest:[sblock=Class Breakdown]
Code:
Fighter: 13
Paladin: 8
Swordmage: 5
Warden: 3
 Total 29

Avenger: 3
Barbarian: 4
Rogue: 12
Sorcerer: 4
Warlock: 12
Ranger: 15
 Total 50

Bard: 9
Cleric: 8
warlord: 11
Shaman: 2
 Total 30

Druid: 3
Invoker: 3
Wizard: 16
 Total 22
[/sblock]

[sblock=Race Breakdown]
Code:
Bugbear: 4
Doppleganger: 1
Dragonborn: 5
Dwarf: 7
Eladrin: 9
Elf: 9
Genasi: 4
Githyanki: 5
Gnome: 5
Half-Elf: 8
Half-Orc: 2
Human: 31
Minotaur: 4
Orc: 2
Shadar-Kai: 1
Shifter: 7
Tiefling: 3
Warforged: 8
[/sblock][/sblock]

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The last few weeks have probably redressed that balance somewhat, but yeah, PHB2 classes are far scarcer than PHB1 classes. Notable exception: the bard, who has managed to outnumber the cleric despite being available for less than half the time.[/sblock]

THushman

First Post
It is a dim view that does not see beauty in the heavens, or indeed in any modicum of reality, whether the reasons for its existence is known to us or not

Silphyus considered for a moment before continuing.

Perhaps, though I would argue beauty itself is mostly an illusion. We gaze upon pristine woodlands and call them beautiful, though we ignore the fact that they are savage and pitiless. We craft great sculptures and wondrous paintings, but ignore the fact that these things are mere images of our mind. Indeed, it would seem, at least for us mortals, that illusion and beauty go hand and hand.

"Did I hear you say you have no such people of your own?"

We have little need to study the great deeds of others for we have done such things many times before. We have little need to honor the dead, for they are us. And we have little need to recall the ancient days, for we were there. Within each of us lie the memories of mighty warriors and peerless mages, champions of the Divines and keepers of powerful lore. For us, tribes and cities would be...redundant.

Silphyus leaned back in his chair, considering the contents of his glass.

changer

First Post
Janus smiles as he watches the amusing exchanges between strangers and comrades alike. "Ahh the complex social interactions of a well visited tavern, my master was correct in saying lots can be learned just by watching and listening." He observes to Murphy.

Soon, Janus glances at his left wrist, raises an eyebrow, shakes his head in puzzlement, shrugs then wanders out of the tavern mumbling.

Before long he ambles back in, now wearing fine leather armor. A hint of arcane etchings adorn the chest guard and a sheen of what could only be described as frost glistens in tha lamp light.

Smiling he crosses the floor to the bar with a twinkle in his eye and a confident step.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"You take comfort in knowing that your path is set before you? That whatever choices you make, your destiny will be; is this not prophecy? If so, I cannot take such comfort, for I know that no prophecy maps my path." Though Psais says this with conviction; like he knows it is fact, his tone carries a hint of loss to those that are listening carefully.

"You misunderstand friend. The end is scripted. Your end was written when you came into existance. Your god has made a path for you. How you reach it is up to you."

Shorrin pauses a moment, trying to choose his next words carefully. "The amazing thing about destiny friend, is that no one controls it. It is simply there. As you are both chaos and order, so destiny is solid yet liquid. If you continue down the path you are on, you have a destiny awaiting you. For many of our kindred, that path unfortunately leads to destruction and loss. Many will turn away. Many will pick a different path, and so their destiny changes.''

"It is my belief, Psais, that a man can change his destiny. A man can become what he was not. If I did not believe that simply statement, I would stay with my father and live a simplier life. Alas, I cannot. My soul burns with a fire that is my dragon heritage. A fire fueled by the legends my father has told me. I shall be a warrior of legend, in life or in death. And so I have chosen my destiny."

Shorrin looks at the newfound company to the deva and himself. Perhaps his journey would be far from lonely after all.

[sblock=OOC]

Um... I don't mind being the only defender :) More adventures for me!! BTW, I am soon to be level 3 lol, as soon as I get approved. (or yelled at for numerous mistakes).[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Janus smiles as he watches the amusing exchanges between strangers and comrades alike. "Ahh the complex social interactions of a well visited tavern, my master was correct in saying lots can be learned just by watching and listening." He observes to Murphy.

Soon, Janus glances at his left wrist, raises an eyebrow, shakes his head in puzzlement, shrugs then wanders out of the tavern mumbling.

Before long he ambles back in, now wearing fine leather armor. A hint of arcane etchings adorn the chest guard and a sheen of what could only be described as frost glistens in tha lamp light.

Smiling he crosses the floor to the bar with a twinkle in his eye and a confident step.

Murphy lets out a laugh at Janus' observation, "Yer master be soundin' like a wise ol' fella, yes this is quite the group of people." he comments as Janus leaves.

The man shrugs at the unexpected disappearance of his companion and leans back easily in his chair. He enjoys a light meal at the bar and then sees the wizard return. Seeing the new armour, Murphy raises an eyebrow, saying "In tha mood fer a little late night shoppin'?"

[sblock=Janus]
As an fyi Veteran's armour has been errata'd to remove the ability to recover the daily power

Veteran’s Armor
Page 55: Remove the item’s power.
Veteran’s Armor Level 2 +
Battered and worn, this unassuming armor helps you get the
most out of your experiences.
Lvl 2 +1 520 gp Lvl 17 +4 65,000 gp
Lvl 7 +2 2,600 gp Lvl 22 +5 325,000 gp
Lvl 12 +3 13,000 gp Lvl 27 +6 1,625,000 gp
Armor: Any
Enhancement: AC
Property: When you spend an action point, you gain a +1
item bonus to all attack rolls and defenses until the end of
your next turn.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I see there is no Bladeling in the Race list, but there is one. Playing one defender and one controller, I see I am contributing to the balance of this world.[/SBLOCK]

Feyr overheard Sogrrin and Psais. Taking his mug, he walks to the table. "Destiny... there is no such thing like that. If the gods have given us no destiny. They have given us a task. They look at us like a mentor, a chief or a father. They give us advice and gift. They can also punish when we disobey. That's what happen to my ancestor land. They have move against the gods and the gods have sent their Einherjars to punish them." after a pause, he adds "My name is Feyr, I come from Surtyr."

Remove ads