New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade stares at Eithal after she enters the bar for a bit, trying to figure out what race she was. After a while, her curiosity gets the better of her and she slowly makes her way to the bar. She stands there silently for a bit longer before she says anything.

"Umm... Err... Excuse me miss? Ahhh... Well... I... I... I'd like to ask what you where."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Why ah'm a woman dearie, but if'n yew caen't taell bah lookin' ah'd say yew need some haelp with yew're ahs." Eithal turns back to her apples, and after a few seconds, her eyebrows shoot up, finally comprehending the true intent of the question, "Oooooh." she brushes Jade's shoulder with a friendly slap, that to Jade's surprise, is not overly rough considering Eithal's size, "Ah'm a Goliath honey."

elecgraystone

First Post
Jade starts waving her hands and stutters a bit when Eithal misunderstands her question. She get quiet and still after her unexpected slap. After a few moments jade speaks again.

"Goliath?... I've never seen any of your kind as slaves.... Maybe you're just too big for the caves...

May I ask where you are from?"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal laughs "Oh sweetie! Ah wan't a slave, least not on thayat ship. Ah was workin' mah way to git me some money." She stares at the ceiling the way someone might if they were asked to explain something that might be misunderstood if not expressed clearly, "See, ole Fahgo? He saved me from thowse pahrets. Ah was a slave on thayat ship. It wahs thay who killed mah faimily, burned mah howme, an' -" she stops midstream, "Oh yew ayasked me wheah ah'm from. Ah don't rightly knowe. Ah'm not much of a mayap-lady, but Fahgo sayas ah'm Malibrian, whatevah thayat means." Eithal's eyes roll up a bit as if in thought, trying to remember something, "Ah remembah it, but ah was just a little gahl at the tahme. Ah been at sea so long, ah plum fohgaht wheah it is." She looks around for another apple and then realizes that she's eaten the last one (even the one she offered the deva).

RedBeardJim

First Post
Yimayngurr surveys the halflings equipment briefly, pointing to Gellan's boomerang he says, "That's a mighty fine piece you've got there yourself mate, if you don't mind my saying. My people use them to hunt smaller game as well. Nothing beats a spear for hunting at sea though. And these," he says, pointing to Gellan's tangat, "I've never seen the like. Where'd you come by such weapons?"

Carefully, Gellan draws one of the tan'gat from its sheath on his back, and holds it up to show the polished ivory surface of its broadly curved blade. "There are beasts in the valley as big as this inn. We do not hunt them -- we are not so reckless -- but there are things that do, or they die as all things die. Their bones are very large and very hard, and can be worked like stone. When we find such, they are greatly valued for crafting tools and weapons. These belonged to my father, and to his mother before him."

Mewness

First Post
"This one must decline the worthy giantess's offer," says One-Who-Waits to Eithal, apparently not having noticed that the proffered apple has been devoured already. "though he assures the worthy giantess in the strongest possible terms that no insult is intended. The honored host has offered this one sustenance already, and this one would by no means suggest that the delay has been so great that this humble beggar must eat while waiting for his food."

(At this point the serving-boy reappears and gives One-Who-Waits a bowl of stew and a mug of water, for which the "honored host" receives suitable thanks.)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Tavern Roll Call]
Just wanted to make sure I knew who was around

1) Jade Jasperjigger- Duergar Swarm Druid 1
2) Gellan Bonesaw -- level 1 halfling barbarian
3) Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 1
4) One-Who-Waits - Deva Shaman 2
5) Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 2
6) Yimayngurr - Half-Orc Ranger 1
7) Grigo Stickbug - Gnome Wizard 1
8) Rocco Shadowlost - Dwarf Fighter 1
9) Psais - Deva Invoker 1
10) Zharne Redcloud - Elf Druid 1

Did I miss anybody? This is enough for 2 full groups...
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"Their bones are very large and very hard, and can be worked like stone. When we find such, they are greatly valued for crafting tools and weapons. These belonged to my father, and to his mother before him."

"What a beauty mate. That's fine work for true." Yimayngurr's stomach rumbles loudly as he says this, "Beg pardon." Having finished his drink, Yimayngurr realizes he is famished, having neglected to eat the last several days due to the worry and stress of his forced sea voyage. He attracts the attention of the barkeep with a wave of his hand, and orders up a bucket of raw oysters and a dish of horseradish. He leans back in his bar stool and his face takes on a contemplative aspect as he waits for his food.

elecgraystone

First Post
"Oh... No, I wasn't talking about you, I... Ah... Well, it doesn't matter." Jade stammered a bit more as once again the giant girl misunderstands. "So where is Malibrian? I'm not a map person either. Well, at least not above ground." Jade's voice gets stronger as she continues to speak, nearing a normal level with her last sentence.

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=Tavern Roll Call]
Just wanted to make sure I knew who was around

1) Jade Jasperjigger- Duergar Swarm Druid 1
2) Gellan Bonesaw -- level 1 halfling barbarian
3) Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 1
4) One-Who-Waits - Deva Shaman 2
5) Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 2
6) Yimayngurr - Half-Orc Ranger 1
7) Grigo Stickbug - Gnome Wizard 1
8) Rocco Shadowlost - Dwarf Fighter 1
9) Psais - Deva Invoker 1
10) Zharne Redcloud - Elf Druid 1

Did I miss anybody? This is enough for 2 full groups...
[/sblock]
[sblock=looking for holes]I was recently planning on bringing in a Warden, but it seems It's a bad time to roll a tank. That's cool with me, do you guys think Striker would be useful? There seems to be few here, despite how common they are on the boards. I'd rather not roll another leader while Andrec's still active. We should have an ooc-thread for character planning, I think...[/sblock]

Remove ads