• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E new to pathfinder and looking for a GM tutor

TheClone

First Post
I don't if this helps you, but when you think about tactics of monster, try to think as the monster. Read the description of them and and their type (undead, animal, demon, ...) to get a rough impression of what they are. Then take a look at their stats, mainly intelligence. Are they dumb? Then they don't think much and directly attack. If they are mindless ,they always fight to death. If not, they may retreat. If they are moderately clever they try to use the best option available for them, like using the attack with the best bonus and/or damage, first attacking from range then mabe closing in, if they are good a melee. Clever monsters (like 10+) will also consider the abilities of their allies and match their tactics, like trying to flank the enemy, or some of them keep the fighter occupied while others circle around him to get the wizard. Maybe this provides you with a general idea an guideline.

Bigkilla

First Post
I'd be willing to give you some help as long as you are willing to use Ventrilo and download and use D20pro. Hit me up Via email at Vanceludemann AT Hotmail.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh_OwN-_Ca0]YouTube - What is d20pro?[/ame]

Zil

Explorer
also is there any such thing as a grave hound? i can't seem to find it in the PF bestiary or the fourth edition or 3.5ed dnd monster manual.

The grave hound is from the D&D Miniatures game. It's D&D 3.5 stats can be found in the D&D Miniatures Handbook (and on the card that went with the miniature). I don't know if it ever made it into the SRD. It's essentially an undead hound with a stunning attack with something like 3 HD.

Remove ads