New Website

Telgian

First Post
Hello all,

I'm officially announcing the new website for the Netbook of Planes, which you can find at:

http://www.netbookofplanes.org

So please stop by, update your bookmarks, and have a look around.
Any comments about the site (or its content) are quite welcome, so don't hesitate to get in touch.

Enjoy!

Telgian

Telgian

First Post
The short version.

The new site has been up for three weeks now, but I've had a lot of RL stuff going on, so I wasn't able to announce it prior to yesterday.

Between then and now, the FANCC also aquired webspace and created a new website, running it concurrently with the EN World site (as I understand things).

Enter Telgian.
I assumed (incorrectly) that Morrus was being kept to date about the status of the FANCC sites, and that this was not a problem. (I only handle the External Relations for the Netbook of Planes, not for the FANCC as a whole.)
Yesterday I emailed Morrus a version of the press release for the new netbook of planes website.
Judging by his news item about the FANCC yesterday, I caught him completely by surprise with this. I would assume (correctly?) that Morrus looked at the FANCC sites in general and decided that the FANCC no longer qualified as a "Hosted Site".

So, I've been put in a bit of an awkward position, and I'm still trying to wipe all the egg off my face. :(

thesilentbard

First Post
I'm not quite sure to have understood.

The FANCC detached itself from ENWorld, without you knowing it?

[BTW: there are a few dead links on the NBoPlanes site: those that lead to the old FANCC site, under point 2 of the Join/Submissions page, as well as the FANCC logo]

Last edited:

Telgian

First Post
Telgian = Egg + Face

I'm not quite sure to have understood.
--thesilentbard

Then you are not alone in this. Frankly, I'm somewhat confused about what is going on. Things should get sorted out in the next week or so I suspect.

The FANCC detached itself from ENWorld, without you knowing it?
--thesilentbard

Without me personally knowing it? I suppose that that is accurate, if somewhat embarrasing.

Dead Links:
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get them fixed this weekend.

Telgian

First Post
I went through the site, and fixed all the dead links (hopefully).
If you find others, please let me know. :)

I also found an older version of the Permission Agreement and the Statement of Understanding on the FANCC site by using a bit of logic, so those links have also been fixed on the Netbook of Planes site. (The FANCC site has not had the dead links fixed yet, although I imagine it will not be long before that is done)

Regards,
Telgian.

Telgian

First Post
Are the older versions of the PA still valid?
--thesilentbard

The only difference is that the newer version has Fantasy Netbook Community Council in place of DnD Community Council and the addresses are up to date. The text of the Permission Agreement has not changed. I doubt you'd get hassled for sending in one of the older versions, but you need the current addresses.

The current contact information is:

Address for scanned PA’s: creatures@cooleys.org
Fax: (801) 650-9587
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 5722, Garden Grove, CA 92846

Remove ads