• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Wilderlands material beiong published

Treebore

First Post
This isn't a full blown review, even though I plan on doing one, but I received my "Premiere Issue" of "Adventure Games Journal" from Adventure Games Publishing.

The premise of this is to provide us with new material, and a re-imagined vision, for and of the Wilderlands world setting first published by Judges Guild way back when.

This is also being done under the Castles and Crusades system, but I highly suggest you don't let that turn you off to this material.

So why am I bringing this up? Well, because the Journal is full of awesome fluff! James Mishler, the author and publisher, gives tons of background information of old material, such as cosmology and world history, to new background about the Invincible Overlord and his 12 concubines and even a bit about a number of his children.

Anyways, at this point, I strongly recommend you go to the www.adventuregamespubs.com Adventure Games Journal to see previews of the great full color map and of the 48 page magazine itself to see for yourself the quality of the writing and production values of this product line.

If you like the sampling then I strongly recommend you then subscribe. Its off to a awesome start, and I know James is going to only get better.

I will hopefully finish reading this and have a full blown review up in a week or two. The previews are really indicative of what you'll get, so if you like the map and the written sample, they are accurate representations of what you get in the whole package.

If you love the old Judges Guild material then I can confidently recommend you subscribe now.

ivocaliban

First Post
Fantastic stuff! Thanks for the heads-up, Treebore. I'd been watching Adventure Games Publishing for at least a year, but I'd nearly forgotten about it after a long period where nothing seemed to be happening. Looks great so far and I'd love to get a subscription, but it looks a bit above my budget. Guess I'll just have to wait for your review before I make up my mind.

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
Yeah, I read the write ups of the Overlords "promising" children tonight, with portraits. Then I browsed through the adventure site, reading various entries that caught my eye. I'll read it thoroughly tomorrow.

One thing that is really getting me is that even though it is 48 pages the info is so densely packed I need to read relatively slowly in order to absorb most of it.

S'mon

Legend
Do you know is there any practical way of getting it in the UK, without paying a fortune for postage and waiting for a month or more?

Treebore

First Post
S'mon said:
Do you know is there any practical way of getting it in the UK, without paying a fortune for postage and waiting for a month or more?

Afraid not. E-mail James directly: james at adventure games pubs dot com

Maybe you can look into getting enough savings to have him ship once every 6 months or something like that. Don't know. Postage to me was $2.00 in the US. Plus the cost of the heavy duty card board envelope and card backing.

If James can offer you cheaper shipping...

Mystaros

First Post
S'mon said:

Unfortunately, First Class mail to the UK runs a just under $8 for a 48-page book and a map, with the bag and board. I charge $8 shipping and handling to the UK and am actually taking a loss on it, when you consider the cost of the bag and board and the envelope (I'd have to buy tens of thousans of each to get a wholesale discount). First Class actually ships quite fast; I mailed them out on Thursday and they were arriving in the UK the very next Monday! That's faster than deliver to the West Coast!

If you wanted to go slow boat, I could adjust the costs accordingly, but then you have the extended long wait.

I can't eat any more of the costs than I am already, unfortunately.

Once I sell out on an issue of the Journal (300 unit run at this time), I will make the PDF available for sale. I will not be selling PDFs of the Campaign Installments or other products, however, as those will remain in print. So for the Journal, PDF might work for you, once the print issues sell out.

LeaderDesslok

First Post
Hi James,

I remember meeting you and Bob Bledsaw back in a seminar at GenCon 39 in '06, and you announced that you were going to doing Wilderlands material in the near future. Since then I've been waiting eagerly. I'm glad to see things are finally rolling on the project. Best of luck, I hope it's wildly successful!

Remove ads