• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEWS; Gunning down the Snyderverse UPDATE Cavill gets the Kryptonite handshake!

Ryujin

Legend
Well I’m seeing some big blue aliens on the horizon which Disney has already got spun into theme park rides. I suppose if that works we could be seeing a lot more Space Colonialism on the screen
Indeed. No doubt in conjunction with how said colonists met "aliens" on another planet.

Stalker0

Legend
I think superhero fatigue is wishful thinking from the kinds of people who think bashing Marvel/Disney online will earn them brownie points with their respective audiences. There is very little evidence that people are getting tired of these things in the larger scale.
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Every other genre that hollywood went nuts over eventually audiences got tired of. It would be wishful thinking to assume superhero fatigue wouldn't kick in at some point, its just a question of when.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Every other genre that hollywood went nuts over eventually audiences got tired of. It would be wishful thinking to assume superhero fatigue wouldn't kick in at some point, its just a question of when.
Of course it will happen eventually. I think that a lot of people are trying to argue that it's closing in on the horizon, and I just don't see it.

GreyLord

Legend
Well I’m seeing some big blue aliens on the horizon which Disney has already got spun into theme park rides. I suppose if that works we could be seeing a lot more Space Colonialism on the screen

Aren't the Colonists supposed to be the Bad Guys in this one though?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
If Nick Fury had absolutely no real moral compass and would do anything to get the job done, then yes.
Also Waller is often responsible for the very "Threat to America" that she's supposedly trying to prevent. Both movies did that part well, IMO.

Nick Fury, on the other hand, usually (Original Sin comic aside) actually does a good job of cleaning up messes.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Thing is - they will be right, eventually. All of these things come and go. When you're in it, it looks like it will last forever because of reasons. And once the tide starts to flow out, you wonder why it ever achieved and maintained such cultural dominance for so long.
Will they? Are they in same boat of folks that wish cop shows, legal dramas, medical dramas, and sitcoms will leave TV? I think we may see the public's taste in the superhero genre change over time. Much like we have seen the action hero movie genre change over the years (another genre that people have said will die any day now....), but it will still be with us.

Remove ads