• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

News of a Dragonlance movie

mearlus

Explorer
Within Tracy Hickmans most recent news letter, he mentions the following:

"It was also announced that the film rights for Dragonlance HAVE been optioned and that the project is proceeding although we are not able to give any details at this time. Naturally, as soon as anything is released, I’ll get word to you here in the newsletter."

To me, this sounds promising. This is the D&D movie I want. :)

Anyone have anymore news about this?

mearlus

mearlus

Explorer
Well, I doubt that would happen as I'm pretty sure they were optioning the the story surrounding Legends and the Chronicals. Although, I could be wrong.

mearlus

DDK

Banned
Banned
This was mentioned in an article about Vin Diesel where it was also mentioned that he's D&D player from way back. I can't remember the details but it was said that he's involved in a "secret" project or something and a DL movie was hinted at, or at least was talked about in the same article. Like I said, I can't remember the details.

Still... a d20 movie based on the Chronicles would kick arse. Vin as Caramon, Tanis or Riverwind would rock!

Tsyr

Explorer
Fourecks said:
Vin as Caramon, Tanis or Riverwind would rock!

No. No it would not. He's too smart for Caramon's roll, not "sagely" enough for Tanis (Not to mention not looking at all elven) and not really right for Riverwind either, but I guess of those three hes the closest to him...

Fourecks said:
Still... a d20 movie based on the Chronicles would kick arse. Vin as Caramon, Tanis or Riverwind would rock!

Oh god... what an awful thought. Maybe if he could act like something other than a thug. Don't get me wrong... I've liked him in the parts he's played, I just don't see him as a leading man in a role that calls for depth of character. Of the three... I can only see him as Riverwind and even then it's a stretch.

I think the only way to adequitely cast said movie would be to use actors nobody's heard of before... so audiences and rabid fan-freaks (guilty!) could judge the movie based on their performance of the character rather than their pre-developed silver screen personality.

-F

Tsyr

Explorer
I went through one time and tried to cast certain parts... The only one I remember is I wanted to use Bruce Willis for Raistlin.

Remove ads