• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Next 5e adventure speculation?

Moravave

Villager
My guess is a 5e version of Planescape...or at least something that involves plane-hopping and focusses on the full D&D multiverse...so there will be a Greyhawk adventure, an Ebberon adventure, Greyhawk...even some ties to the MTG multiverse.

A lot of the upcoming classes seem to hint at inter-planar travel as well.

Just my guess. What's yours?

Zippee

First Post
There's been a lot of Spelljammer chatter on the various podcasts and broadcasts, just sayin' cause you're right that a lot of the releases hint at plane-traveling, just think it might not be Planescape.

I doubt they'll release any other setting - COS was an exception because it's seen as a single adventure / campaign not an ongoing world, the rest of the old settings are ongoing.

Personally I think more re-workings of old classics is more likely - we've had Elemental Evil, Giants, Tomb of Horror, I'd think Slavers was next on that list.

The spring adventure tends to be more of a reprint. Since they take a long time to make, this one is the "low effort" break module.
I expect an update of Slave Lords. Either a quick-and-dirty direct conversion or semi revision.

The fall adventure will likely be spelljammer meet planescape. Or something completely different. Too far ahead to tell.

I agree, there’s been a lot of talk of the planes and Spelljammer. We could get a form of both, though – after all, weren’t Spelljamming ships used for planar travel in 4e?

They could also use the extraplanar setting as a route for introducing the Mystic – the Gith appearing in UA make me suspect that. I’m fairly against the return of psionics, so maybe that’s just pessimism speaking.

There's been a lot of Spelljammer chatter on the various podcasts and broadcasts, just sayin' cause you're right that a lot of the releases hint at plane-traveling, just think it might not be Planescape.

Phasestar

First Post
Would love for them to go to Greyhawk, but I agree that a 5e version of Slave Lords would be a great AP to introduce folks to that setting.

Remove ads