• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Next Huge Minis

WotC could just release an all-monster pack followed by an all-character pack. Most people use DDMs for RPGs anyways, so balancing them for DDM games isn't an absolute necessity. The last thing I want to hear is that WotC isn't making a particular mini b/c they can't balance it with something else for the DDM game...

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Ogrork the Mighty said:
WotC could just release an all-monster pack followed by an all-character pack.

Or, they release two sets that are mixed, just like they are doing now. This will mean that people cannot pick the cherries and just buy one set when they're interested only in monsters or only in characters. This will mean more profit for wizards. I think that's the reason they won't do that.

Most people use DDMs for RPGs anyways, so balancing them for DDM games isn't an absolute necessity.

They should still take care of the skirmish side. If they released a set where one of the factions would get nothing worthwhile, they'd be stormed by angry fans and "stoned" to death by pewter minis ;)

The last thing I want to hear is that WotC isn't making a particular mini b/c they can't balance it with something else for the DDM game...

It's not about the minis, but about the overall balance in a set.

After all, Elminster will come in Underdark. He will probably be CG (it's his Alignment, and he does fit into the CG faction rather nicely), and his RPG-stats are the most powerful of any miniature, so this could mean that he could also be the most powerful skirmish mini. (Though he will be tuned down without doubt, the questions is: how much).

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Knowing its Elminster...and knowing people's enjoyment of using him, probably not THAT much. I mean he's supposedly better than Mordy. And Mordy's the toughest spellcasting Mini around.

Plus I'm sure they'll keep his silver fire ability. It's too good NOT to be usable at least one per encounter.

KaeYoss said:
This will mean that people cannot pick the cherries and just buy one set when they're interested only in monsters or only in characters.

Exactly. You've hit the nail on the head. People will pick the cherries: the monsters, not all the adventurers they're making to please the DDM crowd...

I also suspect it's cheaper to make adventurer types so they act as filler. Why do we need the plethora of dwarves? Where's the crowds of folks demanding them? They're filler, plain and simple.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Ogrork the Mighty said:
Exactly. You've hit the nail on the head. People will pick the cherries: the monsters, not all the adventurers they're making to please the DDM crowd

I'm more of a roleplayer (though I do play skirmish occasionally), but I like the humanoid figures, too. As long as they're different enough from one another, they're very useful to represent the countless PC's and NPC's most campaigns have.

Gez

First Post
Nightfall said:
Knowing its Elminster...and knowing people's enjoyment of using him, probably not THAT much. I mean he's supposedly better than Mordy. And Mordy's the toughest spellcasting Mini around.

And Mordy is level 27 on the D&D side, but level 9 on the skirmish side... So they could knock Elminster down to level 11! :lol:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads