D&D (2024) NEXT UA Speculation Thread (For ~June 28th)

Okay, so... we're finally about to get April's OneD&D UA.

Let's start the speculation for the NEXT OneD&D UA (Due somewhere around June 28, 2023).

First off, they will (obviously) need to give us a working Monk.
Secondly, I think they should try again with the Druid.
Thirdly, I think they should give us MOAR subclasses.
Lastly, I'd like some hints on some DM-facing stuff.

Howabout you?
what about that home base rules? I think that might come before redo of druid. I hope *** that warlock will need a redesign too so those can come together in the next with maybe 1 or 2 other classes being redone

FitzTheRuke

Legend
what about that home base rules? I think that might come before redo of druid. I hope *** that warlock will need a redesign too so those can come together in the next with maybe 1 or 2 other classes being redone
It would be nice to see some DM-facing and/or bigger picture stuff, like the home base rules, yeah! I guess it depends on how far along they are with a 2nd draft on any class stuff. But you're right. We can add Warlock to the classes that need a Round 2, and ASAP before the community lets the dogs out.

It would be nice to see some DM-facing and/or bigger picture stuff, like the home base rules, yeah! I guess it depends on how far along they are with a 2nd draft on any class stuff. But you're right. We can add Warlock to the classes that need a Round 2, and ASAP before the community lets the dogs out.
also I wonder if (not even when but really if) we will be playtesting monsters

FitzTheRuke

Legend
my fear is that we will just end up with basic reprints of most monsters with some getting a small boost to damage and or hp at higher CR
Me too. I'd like to see a whole redesign of the stat-block. If anywhere in the game should eschew "natural language" for keywords and abbreviations, it's Monster Statblocks. On top of that, I'd like more of them to have "one cool thing" that they can do.

Me too. I'd like to see a whole redesign of the stat-block. If anywhere in the game should eschew "natural language" for keywords and abbreviations, it's Monster Statblocks. On top of that, I'd like more of them to have "one cool thing" that they can do.
for me monsters need 2 reason to be made
1) a story thing they bring to the game over all
2) a mechanical thing they bring to the game over all

and no "We need more CR 3 undead" or "We need an upgrade after kobold to goblin to orc" are not good reasons for 1 or 2

Quickleaf

Legend
1. Pregens for playtesting - it's hard to keep all these rules straight, and having pregens with the playtest material on them would help a lot to make it more accessible

2. DM-facing materials - chase rules, skill challenge-esque negotiations, exploration rules, anything really that doesn't have to do with Combat

3. Monster stat block refinement - pretty sure they won't do this, but I've started tweaking monsters for my own games with the stats divided by exploration / interaction / combat (see an example below)

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 9.24.58 AM.png

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Agree and bosses and solos will need something to evade at least one instance of the many things that can now impose conditions on them. Probably something on a recharge. Or maybe something that kicks off on bloodied.

Remove ads