D&D 5E Next wave of VT invites going out sometime later

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I hope some one could be as awesome to explain the ongoing situation with Dragon and Dungeon magazines, I've little interest in the VT.

It's a secret. Basically we will keep seeing editorials seeking feedback, promising change, blah, blah, blah until we get so tired of there being no content that we don't even notice that they have ceased publication.

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Trevor is being awesome to be this forthcoming with information not just on what the problem is and what the timeline will be, but by listing out the entire process by which the problem will be addressed. It's admirable on his part, but kind of sad that he feels this is something they need to do in order to keep the hordes at bay. The fact that he feels he needs to do some serious damage control like this with a delayed beta phase doesn't paint a pretty picture of what we fans get like when things don't go the way we want them to.

Actually,

I don't see it as sad at all. This is exactly what WotC needs to do to manage expectations. If WotC had let the deadline for the invites to come and go without a peep that it had been delayed there would have been havoc on the interwebs.

Letting everyone know there is a problem, they are working on it, and they will update us with a new time line when they have it is exactly what they need to do. Not because Nerd-Ragey hoards (sort like Reavers in Firefly) but because its basic customer relations.

My two coppers,

Dannager

First Post
Letting everyone know there is a problem, they are working on it, and they will update us with a new time line when they have it is exactly what they need to do.

That was exactly my point. But Trevor went above and beyond that, and actually broke down the process needed to get the VT beta out to us. I mean, by any reasonable standard, he should have been able to give us exactly what you listed and that would have been fine, but WotC has been so conditioned to expecting outrage over anything that happens to the D&D brand that they're now going into overshare mode and letting us know exactly why we haven't been given our new shinies yet. That's the sad part.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Actually,

I don't see it as sad at all. This is exactly what WotC needs to do to manage expectations. If WotC had let the deadline for the invites to come and go without a peep that it had been delayed there would have been havoc on the interwebs.

Letting everyone know there is a problem, they are working on it, and they will update us with a new time line when they have it is exactly what they need to do. Not because Nerd-Ragey hoards (sort like Reavers in Firefly) but because its basic customer relations.

My two coppers,

Exactly.

This is basic business. The current situation is untenable because it has been the fans that have been pissed off, not the functionally illiterate 13-year olds that ruined the WotC boards three or four years ago.

If the D&D brand had actual leadership, there would have been a concerted effort to provide some sort of guidance and manage the expectations of the fanbase, instead we got the head-in-the-sand column otherwise known as Ampersand, the turd-iest of DDi's e-turds, where the head of the D&D brand can barely acknowledge their being a problem at all.

Again, the nerd rage over DDi and its e-turds wasn't coming from the professional nerd ragers: it has been genuine anger from committed fans. That's not something any properly run business should want.

Remove ads