• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[NFL] Pats vs. Colts - make your prediction here!

Dr. Harry

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Mmm! Mmm! I love the taste of your salty tears, Scott!

This wouldn't be nearly so much fun if it wasn't so evil.

Sigh. I must also offer up some salty tears. I have no allegiance to the Colts, but I am heartily sick of the Patriots.

Wulf Ratbane said:
7-1 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Could be worse.

Could be 2-6.

I'm a Dolphins fan.

2-6 would be AWESOME.

Harry

kenobi65

First Post
Dr. Harry said:
I'm a Dolphins fan.

2-6 would be AWESOME.

Egads, yeah.

I don't think many people thought the Fins would be great this year, but I'm surprised at just how stinky they've wound up being. (OTOH, I don't think anyone should have been surprised when Trent Green got another concussion.)

The other 0-fer team, the Rams, is a bit more surprising (to me, anyway). It seems to be proof at just how narrow the distinction can be between an average NFL team and a weak one...a few key injuries, a few key players getting a bit long in the tooth, and you're suddenly a bottom-feeder.

The good news, I suppose, is that the general "cycle" in the NFL is far shorter than it was a decade or two ago. With reasonably good player management (and a bit of luck), it's entirely possible to get back up off the mat in just a couple of seasons.

Dr. Harry

First Post
kenobi65 said:
Egads, yeah.

I don't think many people thought the Fins would be great this year, but I'm surprised at just how stinky they've wound up being. (OTOH, I don't think anyone should have been surprised when Trent Green got another concussion.)

I thought that their defense at least could hold them together, but that has been weak as well.

The good news, I suppose, is that the general "cycle" in the NFL is far shorter than it was a decade or two ago. With reasonably good player management (and a bit of luck), it's entirely possible to get back up off the mat in just a couple of seasons.

(emphasis mine)

Ah, well, ya see, there's the rub. The 'Phins have taken ten years, and they still don't have a quarterback. Now they need to fill another ten or twenty positions, and they haven't even gotten that one nailed down.

:)

Harry

kenobi65

First Post
Dr. Harry said:
(emphasis mine)

Yeah, and that's why I specifically noted it. Some teams just never seem to really get their management right. I'm a Packers fan, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Cardinals. There's a team that hasn't been able to get out of its own way in the past 20, maybe 25 years.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads