• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nifft's Multi-Classing Revision

Relic

First Post
Nifft said:
Cantrips aren't bad. Light has obvious combat application, and Mage Hand is even better (Conjuration = enemy blocker, allies can pass through just fine). Mage Hand is literally the foundation of the Controller. IMHO, it seems like a good fit.

Just wanted to point out that Mage Hand is no longer the enemy blocker it started out to be. The errata states "unless a power description says otherwise, a conjuration cannot be attacked or physically affected, and a conjuration does not occupy any squares." Errata

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Relic said:
Just wanted to point out that Mage Hand is no longer the enemy blocker it started out to be. The errata states "unless a power description says otherwise, a conjuration cannot be attacked or physically affected, and a conjuration does not occupy any squares." Errata
Yeah, very sad for the foundation of the Controller. :(

I'll have to re-think that feat now that Cantrips suck.

Cheers, -- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Okay, I think I've addressed the changes to Cantrips adequately. Basically, instead of the initial Wizard multi-class feat getting all four Cantrips (of which only Mage Hand was useful in combat), now the initial feat grants two Cantrips, and which two are irrelevant from a balance stand point since Mage Hand is no longer useful in combat.

Instead, you get three free Rituals scribed into your book. IMHO it's not phenomenal, but it's not terrible either, and the two follow-on Heroic feats are pretty good.

Thoughts? Thanks, -- N

Destil

Explorer
These are excellent, Nifft.

Should there be a way for a warlord to get access to the class build kickers?

And can a multiclass rogue take both feats and get the benefit of both? That doesn't seem fair to a normal rogue.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Destil said:
Should there be a way for a warlord to get access to the class build kickers?
I don't understand, could you explain?

Destil said:
And can a multiclass rogue take both feats and get the benefit of both? That doesn't seem fair to a normal rogue.
Good point, I'd thought of them as exclusive but neglected to actually write them that way.

Thanks, -- N

Destil

Explorer
Nifft said:
I don't understand, could you explain?
I mean letting a multi class warlord choose to qualify for the extra bonus from tactical or inspiring presence on some powers. The warlock and rogue seem to have these covered, wondering about the warlord.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Destil said:
I mean letting a multi class warlord choose to qualify for the extra bonus from tactical or inspiring presence on some powers. The warlock and rogue seem to have these covered, wondering about the warlord.
Huh, I thought that was covered by an earlier revision. Would you mind taking a quick look at what's up there now, and telling me if it's wrong?

Thanks, -- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads