• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night of the Seven Swords

Stormrunner

Explorer
I've been thinking of trying to convert the old Night of the Seven Swords adventure for OA to 3.5 rules. I liked the seven weapon masters.

1) Has anybody done this before? If so, any advice?

2) If not, anyone interested in having me post what I come up with? Can I even legally do so?

Stormrunner

Explorer
There doesn't seem to be an official 3.5 OA update per se. Complete Divine has an updated Shugenja and a "Spirit Shaman" class that I like better than the OA Shaman. Complete Warrior has an updated Bear Warrior, Samurai, Ronin, Tattooed Monk, Drunken Master, and a Kensai class that is rather different from previous versions (probably closest equivalent would be the Master Samurai from Sword and Fist).
I don't have Rokugan. What does a 7th level Rokugan Ninja get? There's a bunch of ninjas in the adventure, but using the various ninja prestige classes is sub-optimal (i.e., the entry requirements are steep enough that you can't have a "5th-level ninja", they'd end up being 7th-14th level instead of 3rd-7th level as written).

Eye Tyrant

First Post
Stormrunner said:
There doesn't seem to be an official 3.5 OA update per se. Complete Divine has an updated Shugenja and a "Spirit Shaman" class that I like better than the OA Shaman. Complete Warrior has an updated Bear Warrior, Samurai, Ronin, Tattooed Monk, Drunken Master, and a Kensai class that is rather different from previous versions (probably closest equivalent would be the Master Samurai from Sword and Fist).
I don't have Rokugan. What does a 7th level Rokugan Ninja get? There's a bunch of ninjas in the adventure, but using the various ninja prestige classes is sub-optimal (i.e., the entry requirements are steep enough that you can't have a "5th-level ninja", they'd end up being 7th-14th level instead of 3rd-7th level as written).

Rokugan Ninja7 gets BAB +7/+2; Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +2; Sneak Attack +4d6, Uncanny Dodge, Ninja Dodge +2 (as Dodge but bonus increases 1 every 5 levels), Speed of Darkness (Intelligence modifier to Initiative), Poison Use

Actually the only "problem" I see so far is the BAB (as Fighter)

Stormrunner

Explorer
Hmm. The original has: must multi-class with some other class (the ninja's "cover"); attacks as per the "other" class but skills/saves/etc. as per thief; some acrobat abilities (tightrope walk, pole vault, escape, slow fall), and three Ki powers (1rst lvl, Hold Breath; 5th lvl, Walk on Water; 12th lvl, Walk Through Walls). Looks like I'll have to roll my own. But thanks!

TheLostSoul

Explorer
Oa 3.5

OA was updated to 3.5 in Dragon Magazine #318. An updated Ninja class also features in this issue. These changes are official.

- No one who is truly in love is truly happy - Aaron Stainthorpe

Remove ads