• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Jolmo

First Post
"Kel, he's just in front of you!" (Except more accurate.)

Once the warning is out, Shan looks at the slavering wolf tiredly before simply collapsing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He's not hurt yet--Grapple may be slim (and that's without knowing the other cards he has up his sleeves), but your chance of defeating him in one hit with a dagger is literally 0. I'd go for grapple--it worked in the other game, though that one bloodied final surviving member had to run in circles until the summon spells ended before he managed it (they dropped the crates later in the fight) )

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Kel reaches angrily into the seemingly-empty space, intent on grabbing and throttling the wicked summoner before another vile beast appears. He manages to connect with his enemy and get his arms almost around, but despite the other man's frail unmuscular physique under Kel's baleful arms, the conjurer manages to twist free from Kel's grasp and continue his magic unmolested.*

*Blunt climbs down slightly and jumps onto the stack of crates, managing to successfully avoid all damage by rolling, though he barely botches a perfect and awe-inspiring acrobatics routine by failing to keep his balance and falling on his back amidst the crates.*

(OOC:
Miss Chance roll 85% (not a miss).
Melee Touch Attack Roll 12 + 1 = 13, Success.
Grapple Roll 5 + 1 = 6 vs 13, Failure!

Blunt makes his Climb and Jump Checks, but not Balance)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Boddynock said:
OOC:
Hey, RA, do you mean he fell off the top of that stack of crates and didn't take any damage?
(OOC: Oops--I have him missing the HP for that in my notes, but didn't check when I made that offhand comment. He still couldn't have gone down from a single attack by Kel, though. A Blunt melee critical could do it, I suspect, but winning a grapple is more likely than a melee critical)

Legildur

First Post
Blunt curses his new position even louder, but wastes no time. Standing up, he immediately moves across to assist Kel in strangling the life from the invisible enemy.

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

As the wolverine rages and yet another beast pops up, Titus feels his stomach falling out from inside him.

"I've had fewer problems with furry critters in the deepest woods!" the ranger growls, desperately trying to keep himself alive while he wishes the wizard dead.

[sblock=OOC]Keep at the total defense, 5' step in the direction of the action with the mage.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads