• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm just amazed we still managed to not die. If nothing else, I think these encounters are making Animal look good as Titus' next favored enemy. Assuming he actually lives to see any level progression. :\ [/sblock]

Jolmo

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Maybe we should wait for Legildur to return and decide what to do?

jkason said:
I'm just amazed we still managed to not die. If nothing else, I think these encounters are making Animal look good as Titus' next favored enemy. Assuming he actually lives to see any level progression. :\
Except they're actually Magical Beasts since they are fiendish. :)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Boddynock said:
OOC:
If all four of the others are stable, have a look around the warehouse. Where did that wizard come from?

By the way, Kel's changed his mind. Next chance he gets, he's going to ask at one of the temples for training as a cleric! Then he's going to learn some of those cool wizard tricks!

Actually, RA, how do you want to play what happens next? They need to find proof, but they really need some help now. I don't want to run the party off the rails, but I wonder if Blunt would ask the guards to summon the Watch - on the assumption that there's something in this warehouse which will lead to the kidnappers.
(OOC: Somehow, I think the guards are likely not to react well to the +0 Charisma-bonus Monk who is illegally trespassing in the warehouse and currently has no signs of any of the enemies he claims to be present (they all vanished), so it just looks like he went on a killing spree with the rest of his party :lol:

Fortunately, Blunt has 18 Strength--want to have him finish moving those crates you were moving when the summoner attacked?)

Jolmo

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Somehow, I think the guards are likely not to react well to the +0 Charisma-bonus Monk who is illegally trespassing in the warehouse and currently has no signs of any of the enemies he claims to be present (they all vanished), so it just looks like he went on a killing spree with the rest of his party :lol:

Fortunately, Blunt has 18 Strength--want to have him finish moving those crates you were moving when the summoner attacked?)
When you put it like that--of course. :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, if Blunt had 11 Strength and 18 Charisma, it might be different ;) Of course, then you'd all be dead :lol: )

*Blunt finishes uncovering the trapdoor, and he sees that it leads down into a tunneled passageway. Unfortunately, it is far too dark for him to see much further beyond that.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well then let's say he does :p You guys are playing for him collectively now ;))

*Blunt searches Kel's pack and finds a lantern and flint and steel. He lights the lantern and sees that it leads down into a tunneled passageway that branches off in two directions, left and right.*

(OOC: Take your pick ;))

Boddynock

First Post
Cursing the luck that laid the young trap-finder low, Blunt makes his way cautiously to the right.

OOC: Please assume he's doing whatever he can to search for traps. Did anybody bring a ten-foot pole?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: If by doing whatever he can you mean automatically failing unless the DC is low enough to find with Trapfinding, then yes :])

*The tunnel continues for a short while, then comes to a dead-end with a rune on the ceiling.*

Boddynock

First Post
Cautiously associating runes with wizards and aware that in his weakened state it won't take much damage from a magical trap to lay him low, Blunt decides to retrace his steps and take the other fork. This little problem can wait another minute or two.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads