• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Jolmo

First Post
Shan slowly wakes up from his painful rest and looks around. Alive. And in a fine inn. It must have gone well then.

He examines his wounds, some no more than a faint scar already but others barely starting to heal. All of them clean. But then his wounds had always healed well.

Tracing the edge of one wound with a finger, the pain of it slowly lessens and then disappears entirely as the flesh knits itself back together.

No surprise. Only acceptance.

And relief of a tension he didn't know he held. His path had been proven blessed.

Shan goes to the door and looks outside. Seeing no one, he settles in to meditate as he waits for someone to return.

(OOC: Lay on Hands bringing hp to 7/19.)

Legildur

First Post
Blunt runs his had acorss his bold head, his brain obviously struggling with some of the ideas he is trying to assemble.

"So, we have an Elicio that has kidnapped two moon priestesses and sacrificed at least one of them. And he has been using one of Sarlarin Kaillo's warhouses as a base, and Sarlarin's son, Ander, who controls Sarlarin's interests here, has also been kidnapped."

"What phase is the moon in? If priests of Shar, no friend, even though sister, of Selune's, are involved, then likely any coronation is related to a cycle of the moon? But I do not know enough about the religious practises around these parts."

"It would also seem that this Elicio has kidnapped Ander Kaillo and is holding him ransom to Sarlarin as a way to secure use of the warehouse for his activities."

"Question is, if the sacrifices were incidental, why would they need a warehouse? Maybe there is something in what was said earlier that whatever is going down is happening outside of where we are right now."

"Why don't we go back to the warehouse and see what we can find?"

Legildur

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Oh dear--if we do that and he's set up wards, they'll find us for sure!"
"We are in better shape now to deal with that," replies Blunt. "IF he was game enough to return to his lair knowing that he had been found out. I wonder if the location of that building has any special siginificance?"

"Is there any way to scry upon this Elicio?"

"Maybe Sarlarin would have some clues we could follow. How far away is the capitol?"

[sblock=ooc]What phase is the moon in? (asked in earlier post) I presume Nhalia would know that one immediately.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...if he didn't win last time, he may have returned with allies. That could be bad," Nhalia blanches, "The moon is crescent and waxing. I don't know of any 'coronation' to do with the moon, though if anyone was using that as a code, it would probably be the full or new moons, I guess. Still, aren't coronations more likely to do with royalty? Either way, the capital may be a good place to check."

Legildur

First Post
"I hadn't thought of Elicio returning with allies," Blunt says as he sits down. "Maybe the warehouse had already revealed all of its secrets."

"It would seem that we need to travel to the capital then, and before the moon waxes full, if we are to have any chance to bring down the Night's Embrace and whatever their plans are."

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

Rystil Arden said:
"Either way, the capital may be a good place to check."

Titus nods. "If nothing else, you'd think the capital would have records on upcoming coronations, wouldn't you? And if we're on the trail instead of in a city, I can maybe actually hunt us up some food along the way, since we seem to be so bad at getting and keeping money."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Then it sounds like our Fate is decided, like the Lady's arrow, set upon its course."

(OOC: You guys have no dwarves, halflings, or gnomes, so if everyone sticks to light armour or better, you can make it to the capital in about 11 days. Since you can't afford better transportation, that's your best option unless you want to sell the books, as they might fetch decent money)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads