• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nightstalkers - Mirage MtG Conversion

Sarelth

Explorer
Here are some more of my works, not redone to 3.5 yet, but soon perhaps.
------------

"All I seen when I woked up were smoke, I tawtt me hovel were on fyrre or som'tin! Then I Sawed dat da Smoke had Eyes, it did. That were when I got da Nine Hells Outa der. I ain't ne'r gonna go back neider! Dem thins got me pet Rat, pore liddle guy, I misses dat rat. Dey Killd im and den da smoke camed outa im too! E weres gonna it me ifin da uders wernt wantin im to go wid dem! All I nose is dat dey were movin to da Mayor's Place!" - Homeless man on the topic of losing his favorite sleeping area.

Feral Shadow (Template)
Feral Shadows appear as smoky versions of normal animals and vermin. Their bodies are made up of billowing smoke that is completely incorporeal. For the most part they act like normal animals, except that they seem to dislike the living a great deal more than normal. It seems some unknown force controls these undead, as they attack certain victims with their Disease causing attack, while others are left alone.

Creating a Feral Shadow
“Feral Shadow” is a template that can be added to any nonmagical tiny, small or medium animal or vermin. No intelligent creatures have ever been known to be transformed into this form of undead.

The creature’s type stays the same and gains “Undead”. It uses all of the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
Speed/Movement: Fly 50' (poor)
HD: Increase to D12
AC: Dex Mod, +1 Deflection Bonus.
Attacks: Retain all Natural attacks, though only effect Incorporeal Creatures.
Damage: As natural attacks, Though can not attack corporeal creatures.
Special Attacks: Breath of Disease, Chill Touch, Create Spawn.
Special Qualities: Undead, Incorporeal.
Abilities:Str --, Dex +2, Con --, Int +0, Wis +0, Cha +1
Skills: +4 Hide, Listen, Search, Spot
Feats: As base creature.
-----
Climate/Terrain: Any land and Underground.
Organization: Solitary, Pack (2-5), or Swarm (6-11+).
Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +1.
Treasure: None.
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil.
Advancement: As base creature.

Combat:
The feral shadows hide in the darkness and firelight waiting for a oportunity to attack.
Breath of Disease: This attack is not the Feral Shadow's Breath, it is the Feral Shadow itself. If they can get to a sleeping victim they travel into the vistims lungs via the mouth, nose, etc. Once they are inside, they are free from any attack unless they are somehow forced out. The Victim that they are hiding in gets one Fort Save (DC 12) per hour or develops a very painful lung disease that causes 1d4 hp damage an hour from extreme coughing and hacking. This disease can be fought of via magic (No roll), or a special herbal tea can help fight it off (Lowers the DC by 4 for one day), a Fort save (DC 18) negates the coughing for a number of hours equal to the Con bonus, though after wards the Victim gets no save vs the Damage for half the same amount of time. The disease runs it's full course after a week and once the Feral Shadow is gone. If the 'Host' succeeds on one of the Fort saves to develop the disease the Feral Shadow is expelled from the body, causing both the Feral Shadow and the Victim 2d4 hp of damage. Otherwise they take 1d4 hp per hour of damage while inside a living creature. The feral shadow usually leaves the body of the target after a short time, not being comfortable inside a living being.
Chill Touch: The Feral shadows can at will cause it's touch to deal 1d4 damage from the icey cold it gives off. They may use this attack from inside a living creature to kill it with little resistance, see Breath of Disease for how to remove them from inside of victim.
Create Spawn: Any Tiny, small or medium animal, or vermin slain by the Feral Shadow's Chill Touch is reborn as one within 1d4 rounds. They travel in packs, with the oldest being the Alpha of the pack, even if the pack consists of different species.

-----------------------

Urborg Panther
Medium-size Magical Beast
HD: 4d10+8 (30 hp)
Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 40 ft
AC: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 Natural Armor)
Attacks: 2 Claws +7 (melee); 1 Bite +2 {melee)
Damage: Claws 1d4+3; Bite 1d6+1
Face/Reach: 5 ft x 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Pounce, Standing Attack.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision, Spell like Abilities, Silence Aura.
Saves: Fort +6, Refl +7, Will +1
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +7, Climb +8, Hide +8, Move Silently +8
Feats: None
Climate/Terrain: Warm Land
Organization: Solitary (1) or Prides (2-6)
CR: 3.0
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic Evil (Usually)
Advancement Range: 5-8 HD (Medium-size), 9-12 HD (Large)

Special Attack: Pounce- on a successful grapple, the Urborg Panther can knock the Victim over and land on top of them getting 2 free attacks per round they are held down. Standing Attack, when stand on their Hind legs upright the Panther acts like it has the Improved Unarmed Fighting Feat. They get a +2 circumstance bonus to hit while standing upright also.

Special Qualities: Spell-Like Abilities- Darkness 3/day, ShadowForm 2/day; Silence Aura- the urborg Panther is completely silent in all it's efforts, gaining +10 to Move Silently, they also get a +5 bonus to Hide form their Coloration.

----------------------

BreathStealer

Medium-size Undead
Hit Dice: 4d12+3 (29 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft
AC: 17 (+4 Dex, +3 Deflection)
Attacks: Incorporeal Touch +6 m elee
Damage: Incorporeal Touch 1d10
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft / 5 ft
Special Attacks: Massive Offense, BreathStealing, Create Spawn, Sneak Attack +2d6
Special Qualities: Undead, Incorporeal, +3 Turn Resistance, Daylight Powerless ness, ShadowCreep
Saves: Fort +1, Refl +5, Will +5
Abilities: Str -, Dex 18, Con -, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 14
Skills: Hide +10, Spot +8, Listen +12, Search +8, Sense Motive +10
Feats: Weapon Finesse (Touch), Blind Fight, Combat Reflexes, Toughness
Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary, Pack (2-6)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Normal
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: 5-8 HD (Medium-size)

Breathstealers are incorporeal creatures born of evil shadows. They appear to be related to wraiths, but their connection to the negative plane is less pronounced. They despise living things and the light of day. They are not as malignant as wraiths, and are often brought to service by evil priests to slay those who displease them in the stillness of the night.

They are humanoid in shape, but composed of black shadows and wispy in outline. Through their eyes one can see the terrain behind them. Many Breathstealers appear to bear daggers or scimitars, or bear the shape of a shadowcloak, but none of these cosmetics affect their combat abilities.

COMBAT
Breathstealers prefer to close quietly with their foes and strike them dead from the shadows.

Massive Offense (Ex): A Breathstealer may increase it's melee damage by 1d10 damage for 1 round by reducing it's hit points by 6 points for the same duration. This may be done multi ple times and at will, so an average Breathstealer with 26 hit points could make an attack with +4d10 damage in exchange for reducing it's hit points to 2 for the rest of the round.

BreathStealing (Su): A Breathstealer with complete surprise or attacking a helpless, unaware foe (or more frequently a sleeping victim) may suck the life from them. Each round the victim must make a Fortitude save DC 14 or suffer a 2d6 temporary Con loss. This attack will not waken a sleeping victim unless they successfully make two saving throws against it in a row.

Create Spawn (Su): Any creature killed by BreathStealing must make a Will save DC 14 or rise again the next night as a BreathStealer. The very evil or despicable may rise instead as a Wraith.

Sneak Attack (Ex): The Breathstealer may Sneak Attack as a Rogue for an additional 2D6 damage.

Undead: Immune to mind influencing effects, poisons, sleep, paralysis, stunning and disease. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain or death from massive damage.

Incorporeal: Can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, +1 or better magic weapons or magic, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. Can pass through solid objects at will, and own attacks pass through armor. Always moves silently.

Daylight Powerlessness (Ex): Breathstealers are utterly powerless in natural sunlight and flee from it.

ShadowCreep (Ex): Breathstealers get a +6 racial bonus to Hide checks in natural shadows.

Remove ads