• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ninja Invisibility Question

So the Ninja class can eventually use a Ki charge to go invisible for 1 round. My question is:

Do they stay invisible for the whole round, or will they become visible if they attack (or do anything else that would typically break an invisibility spell)?

Thanks,

AoA

Jhaelen

First Post
Funny. I never noticed that. Is this written somewhere explicitly or is it inferred because the ghost step ability doesn't say 'as the spell'?

I always assumed the ability was basically identical to the 'swift invisibilty' spell.

Not that it mattered in my game so far. There's never been any ninjas on either side of the table. But I'd still be interested to know :)

Christian

Explorer
Page 21 of the most recent FAQ. "The invisibility granted by the ninja's ghost step class skill lasts until the start of the ninja's next turn, regardless of whether she attacks or not. Thus, it's more like greater invisibility than like the normal invisibility spell."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Jhaelen said:
Funny. I never noticed that. Is this written somewhere explicitly or is it inferred because the ghost step ability doesn't say 'as the spell'?

Exactly. Ending-on-attack is not an inherent quality of the invisible condition; it is a property of the spell.

Something that makes you invisible as the invisibility spell will end-on-attack; something that makes you invisible with no reference to the spell has no reason for ending-on-attack.

-Hyp.

Remove ads