• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nintendo Dungeon

Stahn Li

First Post
I am thinking of having a Nintendo Dungeon with each level representing a different game.

So far the levels will work like this

1- Kung fu.. strange men in purple pants that hug for damage, leaping midgets!

2- Zelda magical bomerangs.. bombs..that one wierd creature that always looked like a stack of pancakes ect.

3- Mario. Mushroms and turtles with Kuppa as the main boss.

I am looking for ideas to make this funny/ineresting let me know what you guys can come up with.

Talath

Explorer
Stahn Li said:
I am thinking of having a Nintendo Dungeon with each level representing a different game.

So far the levels will work like this

1- Kung fu.. strange men in purple pants that hug for damage, leaping midgets!

2- Zelda magical bomerangs.. bombs..that one wierd creature that always looked like a stack of pancakes ect.

3- Mario. Mushroms and turtles with Kuppa as the main boss.

I am looking for ideas to make this funny/ineresting let me know what you guys can come up with.

That sounds too cool!

In fact, I may have to steal it.

I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

Moe Ronalds

First Post
4- Duck Hunt- this level is only a hallway, and the characters have wings of flying and hats of quacking rudely shoved onto them. The wings of flying, rather than growing from the back, replace their arms. Also, the hall is lined with archers.

5- Since gameboy is owned by Ninentendo, the PCs find themselves in a room with tall grass and 8 ohter adventurers. When they go through the tall grass, they are attacked by strange small animals with seemingly mystical powers. They can try to ignore the grass and the other adventurers, but if they are seen the adventurers will sic monsters on them. One has dominion over monsters resembling rock, the other has marine-monsters. The third has monsters with power over electricity, etc...

Ristamar

Adventurer
Stahn Li said:

Like-Likes are the pancake shield-eating creatures.

I had once considered writing up Link and Zelda (along with rules/description for their weapons and equipment) via 3E rules. I may one day still get around to it...

Darth Shoju

First Post
Lol cool idea. What can I come up with...

-Castlevania; this one is too easy, perhaps
-Donkey Kong; A dire ape at the top of a steep rock face throwing boulders down on them.
-Tetris; a room with giant moving blocks that they have to avoid getting crushed by.
-The Mario games; you could make a whole campaign out of those games if you wanted to.
-Double Dragon comes to mind, but not sure how you could work it in.
-Punch Out; unarmed combat against King Hippo, Piston Honda, Bald Bull and Von Kaiser!

Heh there's so man awesome Nintendo games out there, you should have no problem filling a dungeon!

ejja_1

First Post
Dont forget
Metroid
Rygar
Ghouls and Ghosts
Stryder
MegaMan
Faxanadu
Golga 13 ( gotta have modern)
Gradius
Icari Warriors

Talath

Explorer
I'd like to contribute, here are some enemie conversions I've made for Mario World. D&D stats for:

Goombas
Koopa Troopers
Piranha Plants
and Bob-ombs

Hope you enjoy it :)

Attachments

• enemies.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 58

blackshirt5

First Post
Re: Re: Nintendo Dungeon

Ristamar said:

Like-Likes are the pancake shield-eating creatures.

I had once considered writing up Link and Zelda (along with rules/description for their weapons and equipment) via 3E rules. I may one day still get around to it...

It's funny that you should mention that; if you go to the Wizards.com boards, there's a Zelda D20 thread in the D20 Fantasy Thinktank; I used to be a member of the team, they're saying they'll have it released before the end of the month.

Remove ads