• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nintendo Revolution Controller

Very...interesting. I think this one's going to take actual use to see if its any good. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be as unwieldy as it really could turn out to be...its not like Nintendo hasn't tried strange controllers before, but it doesn't seem like any of them every really kick off(well, except for the classic Duck Hunt gun). Only complaint I can make right now is that the cord on the analog attachment is way too short.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I doubt it will be unwieldy itself. It will probably be quite functional.

It will, however, mean sacrificing 3rd party support for an almost pure 1st party game lineup. Of course, 1st party is Nintendo's strong-suit, but still that's a dangerous proposal. Of course, I'll have all three, so as long as the 1st party stuff is good, I don't care personally, so long as sales stay good enough to keep it up.

Bront

The man with the probe
I personaly love the gamecube controler. I see someone developing a controler that is more normal for use, especialy with the plug in feature.

CronoDekar

First Post
Wow. I can quite honestly say that Nintendo has me more interested in the Revolution than the 360 or the PS3 at this point. I was thinking I'd finally jump ship from Nintendo during the nextgen, and then they do something like this to spark my interest! Still dunno if I'll buy one, but I certainly won't consider them down and out.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Honestly, it ain't blowing my skirt up. And it's a very nice skirt. :)

Seriously though, except for the Metroid Prime demo thing they tried, and maybe the Zelda thing, the controller overall just seems to be more complicated than it needs to be. Not to mention more of a pain in the arm. I'd worry about twitchiness as well. Color me blah.

Welverin

First Post
That's not a video game controller, it's a tv remote!

Now despite how freaky looking it is, the control options on it are standard, so there's no reason someone couldn't make a more standard controller for the system that would be compatible.

I definitely dislike the loss of buttons.

mojo1701

First Post
And they don't mention anything about the use of the controller ports on the Revolution. Are those control ports for the actual remote hook-up like a wavebird, or are they for the GameCube controllers so you can play the SNES/N64/Cube games that they say you'd be able to?

Remove ads