• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E No Greyhawk love in 4E?!?

In order to see the new 4E forum that was accidentally leaked, I had to register at the WotC site. The form asked what games I play. There were checkboxes for Dungeons and Dragons, Eberron, and the Forgotten Realms.

Greyhawk was conspicuously absent, my friends.

This screenshot at the bottom of this post also lacks a Greyhawk-specific thread. I have to admit, I'm a little surprised. There has been some genuine GH love coming from WotC recently (of course Paizo too). I would have hoped that Greyhawk was finally back in the bosom.

wizards4e.gif

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I think Greyhawk's fate will depend on what happens with Living Greyhawk. Which would be in 4e Organized Play I imagine. Otherwise Greyhawk has already long been in the Other Worlds forums of WotC's current boards, which I guess mean Other Campaign Settings in the above list.

Korgoth

First Post
By the looks of it, Greyhawk fits within the "Other" category with 4gotten Re4lms and Eberron being the mainstays.

Hard to predict whether it will be supported.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Or, given the track record, not hard.

That said, Scott Rouse and Chris Perkins have both said publicly that "Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk" is a test-product to gauge the modern audience for Greyhawk, and I'm taking them at their word.

Just because it does not seem to be "in the mix" a year from the launch of 4e does not mean that it won't ever be, or that it won't slip in somewhere down the line.

--Erik

catsclaw227

First Post
Erik Mona said:
That said, Scott Rouse and Chris Perkins have both said publicly that "Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk" is a test-product to gauge the modern audience for Greyhawk, and I'm taking them at their word.

Just because it does not seem to be "in the mix" a year from the launch of 4e does not mean that it won't ever be, or that it won't slip in somewhere down the line.

--Erik
Wink, wink.... so you are saying that it's 1 year away? Gencon 2008? ;)

Erik Mona said:
Or, given the track record, not hard.

--Erik

In that case, it bodes well that initial reactions to EtRoG are glowing. I appreciate the insight, Erik!

Remove ads