• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Ordinary Family

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That sounds a little too "Heroes"-style paranoid for this show.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I don't agree, and that I'd be disappointed if that was where the writers were driving this story arc.

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
If this is a Whedon show I expect the girl to sometime develop dark hair and dark veins in her face.

And of course there'll be a reason to break the family up. Must have angst for the sake of angst without any real reason for the angst you know.

But I wonder what the heck is up with that one teacher and why does he have it in for this family?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
He did just that when the teacher called him on his first A. The kid answered some question on the board.

Yeah, and he should have asked for another problem...that's what I'd have done.

Of course, if he IS an evil teacher, my path would just get him noticed faster.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Wash, rinse, repeat enough times to prove he can't possibly be cheating

They covered that angle already. When the parents came in for the meeting with the teacher and principle(?), the teacher mentioned that their son might be abusing "attention-focusing" drugs to cheat. He seems out to get the kid no matter what. This could be a variation of the teacher feeling threatened by the student's knowledge.

But he could be a "bad guy." He was phoning someone when he saw the kid playing football. I assume it was the principle in the later parental meeting, but why phone instead of walking into her office?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They covered that angle already. When the parents came in for the meeting with the teacher and principle(?), the teacher mentioned that their son might be abusing "attention-focusing" drugs to cheat. He seems out to get the kid no matter what. This could be a variation of the teacher feeling threatened by the student's knowledge.

But he could be a "bad guy." He was phoning someone when he saw the kid playing football. I assume it was the principle in the later parental meeting, but why phone instead of walking into her office?

The teacher- or the writers- are full 'o' crap: attention focusing drugs help people with ADD/ADHD calm down and focus- they don't give you knowledge from out of the void.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
The teacher- or the writers- are full 'o' crap: attention focusing drugs help people with ADD/ADHD calm down and focus- they don't give you knowledge from out of the void.

I completely agree. But in the NoOrdinaryFamily'verse this seems to be true because the principle nodded in conjunction with the teacher. It may be crap in the real world, but whoever wrote that stinker set a precedent for the show. Hopefully it's just a matter of the characters grasping at straws to explain the unexplainable.

Crothian

First Post
The teacher is just looking for a plausible explanation. Kids don't just go from boarder line remedial level to genius over night.

Remove ads