• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Prebuff - Round 1 - Damage Rankings

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
So, would a Level two sorcerer using Quickened Catapult (using an Acid vial, which presumably breaks) and following up with Toll the Dead, count for this list?

I'm mostly curious about using consumable items.

Though if they do count, perhaps using a flask of oil and then following up with Create Bonfire would yield better results, as it does an automatic 5 damage. I'm not quite sure on the math for mixing a chance with a guarantied result.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
So, would a Level two sorcerer using Quickened Catapult (using an Acid vial, which presumably breaks) and following up with Toll the Dead, count for this list?

I'm mostly curious about using consumable items.

Though if they do count, perhaps using a flask of oil and then following up with Create Bonfire would yield better results, as it does an automatic 5 damage. I'm not quite sure on the math for mixing a chance with a guarantied result.

I'll list it. I'll just make a note it uses consumable items. I'm personally not going to use consumable items on my creations but if you are curious then go for it. It's valuable information and after all is said and done I can always break them apart into more appropriate lists.

Esker

Hero
Maybe this will help.

1st Attack = 15.2
2nd Attack = 16.6
3rd Attack = 17.4
4th Attack = 17.9

That's what I got for the average damage of each iterative attack including crits and all.

Hmm... my calculations agree on the 1st attack, but I get slightly more on each subsequent attack.

My cumulative chances that they are prone prior to each attack are:

0, 0.65, 0.8775, 0.957125

and I get 18.55 damage when attacking with advantage.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
my chance of prone is the chance you hit*the chance you prone

so .65*.65 for them to be prone for 2nd attack. Then 1-(1-.65*.65)^2 for the Third. Then 1-(1-.65*.65)^3 for the last.

That would be the discrepancy it seems.

Remove ads