• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

No Save, No SR, No way!

GodOfCheese

First Post
UltimaGabe said:
I'm afraid you are incorrect.
...as per the SRD. Even if it's non-offensive, if you target a foe with a spell, you become visible. The word "offensive" doesn't even show up. You'd become visible even if you cast Detect Magic at your opponent, for example.

I wasn't aware of this rephrasing. Under the RAW, this suggests that even using divinations against an enemy voids your Invisibility. If I, say, Detect Magic in an area containing an enemy, would that cause me to become Visible?

starwed said:
Message is one of the few spells you can cast through a scry spell, however. ^_^

Hehehehehe. This would be a great way to get past the maximum speed of the scrying sensor on those rare occasions where it does matter. You can use Arcane Sight to track at full speed!

If your Message isn't leaving long enough of a trail (maybe the target is Wind Walking), consider Heightened Message so the trail lasts longer!

EvilGM

Explorer
Folks with high Listen skill may be able to hear it as well...

People whispering DC 15 (If you beat the DC by 10 or more, you can make out what’s being said, assuming that you understand the language)

+1 DC per 10' distance

Remove ads