• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-combat uses for martial powers

Tuft

First Post
Rain of Blows is great for churning butter. All the milkmaids will love you.
Now I'm worried that you mean this as two seperate benefits.

Well, you will have to start by using "Come and Get It" on them. Unless they use "No Opening", you can continue using "Armor-Piercing Thrust", until you finish off with "Sudden Surge". ;) ;)

And then they'll complain about you having to get a Short Rest before you can repeat it...

(ducks behind cover.... ;) ;) )

Last edited:

Well, what you're doing completely invalidating the need for any sort of lock, arcane or mundane. Any locked door, any impassable wall, as long as it isn't blocked by a Forbiddance effect, can be easily passed by an Eladrin with ten minutes of free time. That's far too powerful, in my opinion.
I am pretty sure that most Fighters would also manage to jump through an open or closed Window. Or bash in the door.

The neat thing is they can do it without opening anything, and so they can actually go in and try to steal babies, as every good fey should be able to. And leave people confounded how they entered.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Well, you will have to start by using "Come and Get It" on them. Unless they use "No Opening", you can continue using "Armor-Piercing Thrust", until you finish off with "Sudden Surge". ;) ;)

And then they'll complain about you having to get a Short Rest before you can repeat it...

You know, I can't decide if "Report Post" or "Give XP" are the appropriate responses to that... :D

Mahali

Explorer
It would work. Chameleon triggers on the enemy's turn, then you have until the end of your own turn to get back under concealment/cover.

Still wouldn't work though. You can't move past a non-ally in a 5' doorway even if it's all the way open without a Bullrush.

No one opens a door all the way (letting go of the door) and then doesn't stand in front of it anway.

cmbarona

First Post

(ducks behind cover.... ;) ;) )

Sounds like you might get your own "Rain of Blows"! ;)

Blizzardb

First Post
I have a dream about a non-combat use of a martial power:

- An archery competition where participants fire a single arrow at the bullseye
- Robin Hood (an archer ranger) taking aim, letting the arrow go, and winning by a single point (the modified die roll is higher with 1 than the next best)
- Robin Hood telling to the munchkin Little John: "Told you - Careful Attack was worth it!"

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Folks, this is a Rules forum. Could you please take the conversation away from playing with the power names for innuendo, and back to actual use of the rules?

Thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads