Non-Core Class Survivor: The Warlock is the Sole Survivor!

Which class do you feel should be the winner?

• Scout (Complete Adventurer)

Votes: 115 39.4%
  • Warlock (Complete Arcane)

Votes: 177 60.6%

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm actually really glad that the winner was a non-Vancian magic system. And that the psion and the psychic warrior, despite the contingent of psi-haters, fared VERY well.

....and that the horrible tactical nightmare that is the Scout didn't win. :)

Lesson I learned is that all these classes, from the Warlock to the CW Samurai, add something new and different to the game, but it's not always something we like the taste of or something we're willing to change for. Warlocks fit standard fantasy, have that air of "darkness" about them, and have a simple, speedy spellcasting mechanic. Their flavor can also be tweaked to be anything from a celestial agent of judgement to a farie-touched changeling to a half-robot android with laser cannon arms. :)

Another reason the Warlock is cool IMHO is because it emulates that "new design standard" of balancing the class around the combat round that so many are disparaging in another thread. Outside of combat, the Warlock is rather crazy, blasting doors off of hinges, summoning swarms to terrorize the villagers, sipping tea while constantly invisible, flying around everyplace...it's combat that makes the warlock's infinite magic mechanic viable.

Go Warlock. You earn this by having people not hate simple, flavorific classes. Even if you are totally weak. ;)

ThirdWizard

First Post
Thanee said:
But as it is, many people will look at the results first and then restrict their vote to one of the leading classes in the current vote, since, naturally, everyone wants his or her vote to have some impact on the outcome.

Ahh, forgot about that.

Remove ads