• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-DDI subscribers getting access to VT

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Well I generated some codes of my own and managed to invite two of my nephews to the beta, one of them has trouble launching the vtt though. Seems like a jave problem on his pc.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Make sure that java is fully updated. Also, try uninstalling Silverlight, and then reinstalling it, making sure that all antivirus software has been turned off or disabled. That really does bad things to the installation, and doesn't give any indication until you try to run the VT.

Grandpa

First Post
Just wanted to say: loving this feature. About to run a game with five pals now, and one of them is talking about picking up his own account to run a game with his out-of-state kids.

wildardoc

First Post
Do all subscribers get access or just ones that were specifically invited to beta? I would sign up again if I could get access to the VTT.

Uller

Adventurer
So it lloks like this old thread got resurrected. Reading it caused me to go and try it out. Its not nearly as robust as fantasy grounds and others but it has one tremendous advantage: you can import characters and monsters directly from ddi.

We've used it twice and it is usable and fun. The biggest drawback to. Anyone else usingme is you can't import your own art for tiles, maps and tokens

Is anyone else using it?

RYPros53

First Post
I DM with it - great for new players who aren't sure if they want to make a monetary commitment to an online software. Voice chat feature is great. Import abilities are a godsend. Only complaint, like EVERYONE else, is that you aren't allowed to use your own images for maps or tokens. If they fix that - it would be near perfect. Maybe adding the ability to drag and drop audio snippets would be great too.

There are some audiO snippets included and some voice-changing settings that can be useful but the majority of them are silly and useless.

Overall I give it an 8 out of 10. We enjoy it.

Remove ads