D&D 5E Non Listed PHB changes

ccs

41st lv DM
At our tables the game runs erratta free.
Any changes made are decided upon by the group. Ie; house rules.....
But in these minor wording changes? Whatevers in your book is how it works for you.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
The PC term is Intersex, not Hermaphrodite, not that I'm trying to go SJW on you, just explaining why it was removed.

The PC term for humans is Intersex. The correct term for certain animals (snails, for example) and transcendent beings is Hermaphrodite.
Not trying to start an argument, just saying removing it from an elven god based on human labelling is dumb.

guachi

Hero
I went to the wikipedias to get an explanation on the difference.

Currently, hermaphroditism is not to be confused with intersex, as the former refers only to a specific phenotypical presentation of sex organs and the latter to more complex combination of phenotypical and genotypical presentation.​

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
The change to how OA works is a big change, and it's never fun to discover that "you've been doing it wrong" for X amount of years... :(

I'm wondering how this changes OAs in your opinion. They seem to have cleaned up some potentially confusing language, but there doesn't seem to be anything different, unless you saw the interruption of the target's movement as permanent, i.e. as preventing further movement, in which case the target never left your reach and never incurred the attack. :-S

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm wondering how this changes OAs in your opinion. They seem to have cleaned up some potentially confusing language, but there doesn't seem to be anything different, unless you saw the interruption of the target's movement as permanent, i.e. as preventing further movement, in which case the target never left your reach and never incurred the attack. :-S

I did not, but some others did...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Then I suppose it's a big change for them, and a good thing the edit was made to prevent their continued confusion.

Yes it's a good thing the edit was made... but why isn't that edit *in the freaking errata*?! If it hadn't come up in a discussion here, they would have never known...

Remove ads