• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NON RANGER Classes in 3.5

Merlion

First Post
Ok I think the ranger has been just about talked to death. This thread is for discussing the changes to other classes in 3.5 especialy the Bard Monk and Druid.
What do you think of the changes we know of? what new spells and bardic music abilities might bards get? what might monks get new apart from altered ki strike? How will Wildshape be affected?
What changes do you and dont you like to this and other classes? what others would you like to see made?

Psychotic Jim

First Post
I like that bards are getting 6 skill points per level instead of just 4.

I wish they would add a few knowledge skills to the Rogue class list (like local, geography, street-wise, etc) though.

Merlion

First Post
Everything I hear indicates that a lot of feats from the class books...sword and fist etc...are getting folded into the PHB. Hopefuly that will include some monk-type feats...I would think so given their rarity

Michael Tree

First Post
I'm dying to hear more about the revised Druid. So far all we've heard is some vague hints about the class being changed significantly, and them getting a better spell list. I hope they add some of the unque druid spells from the splats, as well as the "Animal's Attribute" range of buffing spells. I also hope they add in the ability to wild shape into Legendary animals at higher levels. Finally, I hope they drop the ludicrous weapon/armor rule.

I love all the changes to the bard I hear. I'm hoping that their spellcasting is changed to be completely distinct from sorcerous spellcasting, perhaps only needing verbal components (ie. singing). The tidbit about casting in armor supports my hope. I also like the increased skill points, the improved bardic knowledge ability, and a more unique spell list. I'm secretly hoping that they increase their hit dice to d8's, but I doubt it'll happen.

As for the monk, I'm hoping that they'll get innate enhancement bonuses on their unarmed attacks (say, +1 per 3 or 4 levels), and hope they change the unarmed BAB progression from the weird one they have now, to Monks betting a fighter's BAB for unarmed attacks, with the usual iterative attacks every -5 BAB. Again, I doubt it'll happen though.

Merlion

First Post
I agree about the atribute buffs for druid definitly. I dont think the weapon and armor restrictions should be removed entirly but they definitly need work. Bows should certainly be allowed for one thing.
Yes bards spells becoming verbal only would be great. I dont mind anything else about their spellcasting. I hope to see them get more unque spells and perhaps a couple more sonic attack spells. I think Bardic Knowledge mainly needs clarification...and once its clear they can make it good at what its supposed to do.
Well we know what the monk is getting as far as ki strike...I like it accept I would see the alignment restriction done away with and let them pick an aspect of their personal alignment as their 10th level ki strike. I bet we WILL see some work on the monk unarmed BAB...theirs just been SO many complaints about that

8XXX{0}====>

First Post
It might add a bit of oriental flavor, but I think it would rock if they included some of the "Way of the _____" feats. You know, fighting styles and such. There are still a lot of cool things you could do with those....

Remove ads