• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ Non-USA ] Do entertainers regularly mangle your Country's National Anthem? FORKED

nai_cha

First Post
In the Philippines, it's against the law for anyone to put their own spin on performing the national anthem.

Doesn't stop entertainers (see Charice) from doing so, though.

Orius

Legend
As a musician, I have to point out one thing: the American national anthem is notoriously difficult to sing as written, requiring a grater than normal vocal range. And some with the range need to have it transposed to a lower register (and forget to do so).

That's because the melody is taken from an old drinking song. Of course it's going to be hard to sing sober!

So it's no surprise to me that so many try to put their own spin on it...by doing it in your own style, you've won half the battle, at least in terms of difficulty.

Unfortunately many times it fails, and there are people who think it was done as a deliberate smear of America itself. And they get disproportionately enraged over the performance.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That's because the melody is taken from an old drinking song. Of course it's going to be hard to sing sober!

Nah, its just as hard to sing while intoxicated...you just don't care as much, and nobody will notice anyway, because they're not pone stoled cober either.

Unfortunately many times it fails, and there are people who think it was done as a deliberate smear of America itself. And they get disproportionately enraged over the performance.

You got that right.

Orius

Legend
Oh, I didn't say it was easy to sing drunk, it's just that when you're drunk you won't know or care, and you'll try anything dammit! ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads