• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

North Carolina Game Day IV: May 8

Old One

First Post
Hmmm...

Rel said:
Just got off the phone with Speaks and we are free to use the castle. It is designed to be used with Warhammer so it comes complete with wall-walks and you can place plenty of figures on the gatehouse too.

Our selection of human grunts may be somewhat limited. I've got at least a couple dozen small-scale plastic minis that I tend to use for that purpose. I also may be able to land us a chunk of figures from another player of mine (Riggs) who has an Empire Warhammer army. Can you give me a ballpark idea as to how many grunts you need?

Rel,

My thanks (in advance) to Speaks. As far as number...6-7 PCs + 40-60 "mooks" would work well. 2 identifiable sides would be excellent (or 1 identifiable side + misc. If you can swing all that...you (and Speaks and Riggs) is da menz :D!

~ Old One

Jeph said:
At any rate, it appears that Exemplar isn't getting any love. Spaceships. Dogifights. Kung Fu. Psychic powers. Cosmic wormholes. Come on people, what's not to like? Learn a new system and bring down a totalitarian world-spanning individuality-sapping government-religon-thing of doom!
I'd be up for it, but I'm already signed up for Henry's game in the morning. :(

Morgenes

First Post
NCGD Website down this morning

Hey guys, thanks to an unscheduled outage from RoadRunner, the NC Game Day site is down this morning. I apologize for the inconvenience, but unfortunately it's out of my control. They're saying it should be back up by this afternoon. Until such time as it comes back up, I'm without email access, so I will be in-communicado.

Morgenes said:
Hey guys, thanks to an unscheduled outage from RoadRunner, the NC Game Day site is down this morning. I apologize for the inconvenience, but unfortunately it's out of my control. They're saying it should be back up by this afternoon. Until such time as it comes back up, I'm without email access, so I will be in-communicado.
Looks like it's back up.

Drayan

First Post
Speaking of Warhammer, would anyone be interested in playing some Warhammer 40k? I figure we could get quite a few games in if we use the 40k in a Flash rules, as those games entd to run about an hour. My only concern would be space. Just throwing out an idea.

Jeph

Explorer
Old One said:
Greetings Gang,

Finally, if anyone has Battlemats and other props we could use for the session, I would be most grateful. I am going to be down on business from Maryland and don't want to lug a bunch of stuff around on my trip. Post here if you can help out.

Thanks much!

~ Old One

I've got a nice big battlemat (33x44) I can bring with accompanying 4-color marker set. Let me know if you need it. :)

And did I mention that Exemplar needs players? :D
--Jeff

Clueless

Webmonkey
SweeneyTodd said:
You've pulled off I-40 to get some gas, or a bite to eat. You yawn and stretch, then walk inside. Then a shot rings out, the lights flicker... and you've suddenly got a lot more on your mind than the long drive home.

The game takes place in a truck stop in eastern North Carolina one afternoon/evening in 2004. Inspirations include the novels of Tim Powers, the comics Hellblazer and Planetary, and the roleplaying games Unknown Armies and Orpheus.

*drops her name down*
I'm in. I'm *so* in. Planetary's one of my favorite comics, and this entire genre's one of my favorites too.
You got character specs for this one?

Morgenes

First Post
More Events on the Schedule

Hey guys, if you haven't looked lately (and your schedule isn't already full), we've had a whole slew of games get registered and scheduled on the NC Game Day site.

The guy running Talisman is going to be back, and we had someone sign up to run a RPG based off the Hellboy comic books.

Also, we're looking to gauge interest in playing/running Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu, as we have received mail from Chaosium offering prize support should we get someone to run events.

So, incase you lost it, here's the URL:

http://ncgameday.dhorizon.org/

oh, and *BUMP*

Clueless

Webmonkey
Morgenes said:
Also, we're looking to gauge interest in playing/running Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu, as we have received mail from Chaosium offering prize support should we get someone to run events.

*curses* And I'm already signed up for games!!
SHEMMIE! Your tender affections upon Lovecraft's works are required.

Morgenes

First Post
Drayan said:
Speaking of Warhammer, would anyone be interested in playing some Warhammer 40k? I figure we could get quite a few games in if we use the 40k in a Flash rules, as those games entd to run about an hour. My only concern would be space. Just throwing out an idea.

Drayan, if you want some space, let me know. We've got room in the Walnut room from 9am-3pm with 4'x8' tables that you could play on. The rest of the space is filling up quickly.

As a side note, we have scheduled demos/free-play of War Machine, a similar fantasy/sci-fi miniatures game, sponsored by some regular players of it that will be playing 9-3pm.

We will also be hosting some Clix-based events (MechWarrior, HeroClix and MageKnight).

Remove ads