• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Northeast PA / Northwest NJ Gamers!

Cinerarium

First Post
King Boranel rests uneasily on his throne. The Citadel has made him well aware of the talk of the land -- nobles, aristocrats, merchants and yeoman alike question where and how far the Crown will fall when it leaves his head. Will one of his scions prove worthy of the mantle? Will one of the nobles raise a rebellion? Or will Parliament seize power for itself and do away with the monarchy entirely?

Against this backdrop, the remaining Five Nations curry influence and promise alliances among the various factions forming before Boranel even draws his last breath. The Crown has never seemed so heavy on his head as it does now. In his darkest moments, he even contemplates the fact that his death may precipitate that which he has worked his entire life to prevent -- a return to the bloodshed and waste of the Last War.

Welcome to Revolution, a new campaign I am starting in Eberron. I'm currently looking for players in the Stroudsburg area of PA -- though if you live in NW NJ or the Lehigh Valley and are willing to regularly hike up here for a great game, you're more than welcome!

I'm looking for experienced players who will not only be great at the gaming table, but will also be great to hang out with in general. I'm looking for folks like myself -- people who are enthusiastic about gaming but who realize that life is too short to sacrifice time away from family and friends unless the game is great, and the gamers friends.

To that end, I want to say up front that I'm going to be as picky as I can about new players. Hopefully there won't be any hard feelings.

If interested, drop me a line here to keep this thread near the top of the list. I'll be monitoriing closely and will be in touch soon.

Thanks for your interest!

Cinerarium

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
No takers yet?

Being a former player in one of Cinerarium's games I can assure you of a good time. His plots run deep and fully immerse the players in his world. Besides.. he's a nice guy :D

Good luck, Steve-o. Don't know a thing about Eberron but it sounds like a great plot hook.

Frostrune

Tellerve

Hmm, would love to, logistically it'll be tough to impossible though :(

Being a player in Cinearium's worlds...the one that looked like Eberron, and knowing him for many years I can say that I will be very sad if I can't play in this game. It'll be one of those you read about, assuming he does a story hour, and wish you could be in it.

Tellerve

Cinerarium

First Post
I hate to bump my own thread, but in case anybody's lurking here and is curious, Frostrune and I played together for the last couple of years before I moved up to East Stroudsburg. We were also lucky enough to play with Destan on occasion. When I took over the campaign I ran them through my home-brew campaign for a little over a year. Very fun campaign, got to advance them fairly far and their characters had a major impact in the game world.

I've been playing DnD with Tellerve since high school -- on and off for thirteen years or so. He's also gotten to experience the home brew, a very similar world to Eberron -- so similar that when Eberron came out I decided to do the switch because it's easier to use its rules than my own for artificers and the like.

So c'mon everybody living around the Delaware Water Gap -- let's throw some dice!

hamletru

First Post
Poaching another's thread

Those who can't make it to Cinerarium's game for "logistics" reasons, might those reasons be location?

If so, I'm starting a new AD&D 2e Planescape game in Denville that's going to be meeting on Sundays at Dark Tower games.

You'll find the thread in this forum, or you can contact me by email at hamletru2003 @ yahoo.com (without the spaces of course).

Cinerarium

First Post
Hey Hamlet --

I love Planescape! Too bad Denville is a bit of a hike for me.

My buddy Tellerve that you're referring to I think is out of NYC, so I doubt he could make Denville also. We've been buddies since high school so he's thinking of making the trip out here occasionally for my game (assuming I find anyone else in greater Stroudsburgia who wants to play!).

hamletru

First Post
Yeah, it seems that Northern Jersey is a bit of a wasteland when it comes to gaming. Right now, it's getting tough finding people who play something other than d20 rules.

chronicle17

First Post
I just moved to the Bethlehem area from Pittsburgh where I played in a homebrew campaign, and ran a homebrew SWRPG campaign. I have almost 3 years D&D experience, playing every week. The one rule we had at our tables was that everyone was friends. We hung out and enjoyed our friendships away from the table, which made the games much more fun.

I have been looking for gamers since I moved, and my old DM told me to look here. I would love to play in your campaign.

Tsaarn

Explorer
Hi, Cinerarium! Your game sounds very interesting. For me, the big issue would be when you run, and how often, because you're really a hike. (I'd be coming from about an hour away.) If it was on a workday night, I couldn't make it. I could do it on weekends, but probably not every weekend.

Anyway, I'm in my mid-30s and have been playing D&D, with varying degrees of skill and the occasional hiatus, for about twenty years...gosh, now I feel old. And geeky. :D I think I'm a reasonably good player. I'm currently in a game with WSClark's group, if you feel you need character references. I'm not sure what other criteria you're looking at in choosing your players, so please drop me an email if you want to talk further.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cinerarium

First Post
Hi folks!

Great to hear your interest! I hope the distances involved don't stop us from gaming. It's probably an hour from where I am to most spots in Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton. And sounds like the same to wherever you are in Jersey, Tsaarn.

It might be my non-community supporter account, but I can't get your email addresses from your profiles. Would you mind sending me an email so we can chat? I've got a yahoo.com account as "faumspur".

Since it looks like weekends would be the best time to play, I have a slight preference for Saturdays, but it's not huge. Also, do either of you know anybody else locally who can play? I know some guys down near Allentown who already have a regular game but might be willing to try this out as well.

Ok. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads