Not DnD: Rob Heinsoo Talks 13th Age 2nd Edition

Join us as we speak to Rob Heinsoo about this new edition

Designed by lead designers on D&D 3E and 4E, 13th Age was the most anticipated game of the year way back in 2013 right here on EN World. 10 years later it's back with a new edition, and has been voted the 3rd most anticipated game of 2023 by EN World users. Join us as we speak to Rob Heinsoo about this new edition.

Not DnD is a weekly show where Jessica Hancock chats to the creators of tabletop roleplaying games.

You can catch Not DnD every week at 10-pm on our Twitch channel, catch up on past episodes on YouTube, or listen to it as a weekly podcast wherever you get your pods! Past episodes include Dune, Star Trek Adventures, WFRP, Blade Runner, and many more.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
13th Age is what I like to call D&D 4.75e, much as Pathfinder was 3.75e.

So as Pathfinder 2E was 3.75.2, this would be 4.75.2. :p

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
At our 5E session last night, we were discussing what to do next. The group got excited over MCDM, but then we all just talked about how the most fun we'd really had was in a 13th Age campaign. Then I mentioned a second edition and folks were really interested. So I think we will definitely be playing this, which is really exciting!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
At our 5E session last night, we were discussing what to do next. The group got excited over MCDM, but then we all just talked about how the most fun we'd really had was in a 13th Age campaign. Then I mentioned a second edition and folks were really interested. So I think we will definitely be playing this, which is really exciting!
I've certainly considered the game, but it's hard to find people willing to play DnD, let alone another game they don't own

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I've certainly considered the game, but it's hard to find people willing to play DnD, let alone another game they don't own
It is very helpful to have a group where everyone is 30+ and in stable jobs. "Where can I get that book?" "Okay, done!" I'd suggest just putting together some pre-gens and running a really basic adventure for them. The game is really good and I think they will be hooked!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads