Not DnD - Shadow of the Weird Wizard with Rob Schwalb

Shadow of the Weird Wizard was voted as one of the most anticipated TTRPGs of 2023 by EN World readers. Join us as we discuss Rob Schwalb's family-friendly incarnation of his Shadow of the Demon Lord ruleset. Announced in 2020, this game went through numerous names, and has been long in the making, and redesigns the Demon Lord system for a new audience. The Weird Wizard is an eccentric...

Shadow of the Weird Wizard was voted as one of the most anticipated TTRPGs of 2023 by EN World readers. Join us as we discuss Rob Schwalb's family-friendly incarnation of his Shadow of the Demon Lord ruleset. Announced in 2020, this game went through numerous names, and has been long in the making, and redesigns the Demon Lord system for a new audience. The Weird Wizard is an eccentric character who lives in Clockwork City, and whose magic has transformed the lands.

NOT DND is our weekly streamed show where Jessica Hancock interviews tabletop RPG creators about their games -- focusing on those which are not D&D! You can catch it every week at 10-pm on our Twitch channel, catch up on past episodes on YouTube, or listen to it as a weekly podcast wherever you get your pods! Past episodes include Dune, Star Trek Adventures, WFRP, Blade Runner, and many more.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I missed the Shadow of the Demon Lord Kickstarter and have regretted it for a long time. Definitely will be backing this one. I know there have been a number of delays for this project, but the important thing is that Rob delayed the campaign because of things happening in his life. His idea was that he wasn't willing to run a Kickstarter if it would experience major delays that were under his control.

I have backed a lot of Kickstarters over the years, and the number of times that issues have come up to derail them is shockingly high. I am really glad the delay happened before the KS was completed. I think that Rob's attitude for how to manage a KS is something I'd model if you're planning on running one.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
And the campaign is now live!

SotWW.jpg

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads