Not Small Monitor Friendly

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
I noticed the changes. Problem is, it's not compatible with a screen resolution of 800x640. Fields bleeding off the edge of the window, having to scroll horizontally to read posts, and that sort of thing. Some people don't have big monitors. Morris, please make the necessary adjustments.

Michael Morris

First Post
I've ran this at resolutions as low as 640x480 without incident at ITT tech. I'll check it over again when I get up - I need to go to bed for awhile.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
For the record - this post said something about demanding a change rather than requesting it being rude, and addressing someone by their last name being even ruder.

[Edit - oh, crap. I hit "edit" instead of quote and erased your post. Sorry, Kulp. Still, I think I got the general gist of your post to Kellog.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Seri

First Post
Hi lo

I have a problem in some of the threads only, I have to scroll horizontally (side to side) to see all the post, I'm running at 1024x768 and have no problem in most threads, just some.

kinda odd.. thought I should mention it :D

Michael Morris

First Post
@Seri - I think you might be referring to those instances when folks post large images or really long strings of text - and there's really nothing that can be done about those particularly if they are links short of having the mods go in and edit the post that's causing the scrolling.

Michael Morris

First Post
Alan, I've tried for 3 hours now to track down what's going on, and I'm stumped. I've tried removing the post icons from the bottom bar, I've tried reverting the controlbar template. I've tried both at once and still no go. For what it's worth the problem is worse on Firefox and Netscape than it is on IE, but that's probably because IE is more tolerant of bad code than FF or NS. The problem does seem limited to the editor screen - and specifically the standard and WYSIWYG editors.

Whatever the problem is, it's not affecting the most basic editor. So if it's really bothering you I suggest you switch to that editor for now. When we upgrade to version 3.0.3 both the standard editor and especially the WYSIWYG editor will undergo some fairly significant upgrades to the out of the box code by Jelsoft. I'll address the editor problem again at that time.

AGGEMAM

First Post
As Michael said, there's really nothing that can be done large images, except I think they are automatically thumbnailed now, so that's not a problem anymore.

On the large text string part, which usually are links, you cannot do anything except ask the poster or a mod to embed the link in named URL brackets, which will take care of that problem.

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Michael Morris said:
@Seri - I think you might be referring to those instances when folks post large images or really long strings of text - and there's really nothing that can be done about those particularly if they are links short of having the mods go in and edit the post that's causing the scrolling.
Err no, no such problem. No large graphics and no long text strings.

Remove ads