Not With a Bang OOC

Shalimar

First Post
I'll just change the info in my background to make it Markus, no big deal, other then the fact that the humans are able to play the 6 degrees of Kevin Beacon without Kevin Beacon if It ends up with Baril knowing the noble-woman, but thats quite okay with me.

Anyone else had a party of 4 humans and 2 dwarves before?

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Shalimar said:
If you can think up a pet name that you wouldn't mind Tuli calling him it could work out pretty well indeed, that or I could do it, and she would definitely go for something annoying ;)

Ok, looks like it's going to be at least Baril, Brevin and Tuli traveling together from Corlinna to Alten's Rock.

Go ahead with the pet name idea, Shalimar. I trust I can count on Tuli regularly embarrassing Baril. :eek: :) Tuli's going to be the necessary nuisance, who has that special soft spot in Baril's heart. Like the little sister he never had.

Shalimar

First Post
Zerth said:

Ok, looks like it's going to be at least Baril, Brevin and Tuli traveling together from Corlinna to Alten's Rock.

Go ahead with the pet name idea, Shalimar. I trust I can count on Tuli regularly embarrassing Baril. :eek: :) Tuli's going to be the necessary nuisance, who has that special soft spot in Baril's heart. Like the little sister he never had.

Looks like it... maybe more like the little sister he never had killed. I am planning on having her be pretty annoying and needing protection from her irate victims(victims of pranks not theft) somewhat often.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Toric_Arthendain said:
Lazarus, could you provide details on the Speed domain that you created? I have chosen Trickery as one domain but I am interested in the Speed domain.

Absolutely. When I noticed the ? in your domains, I thought you might want to see it:

Speed Domain (Litsi)

Granted Power: You receive +2 to all Reflex saves.

1. Expeditious Retreat
2. Cat's Grace
3. Haste
4. Freedom of Movement
5. Teleport
6. Wind Walk
7. Cat's Grace, Mass
8. Teleport, Greater
9. Time Stop

Gah. I just cut-and-pasted this and realized... Mass Haste doesn't exist in 3.5 (this was created a while ago). Heh. I've changed things around a bit. There are similarities to the Travel domain, but generally the idea is that all of these spells increase your speed or agility in one way or another.

Shalimar

First Post
I think the pranks she is going to pull on Baril and Brevin include a lot of slight of hand, like 'borrowing' things and seeing if she gets caught, how long it takes etc. maybe putting their saddles on their horses backward, possibly even putting thingd in their pockets that don't belong, embaressing things.

LazarusLong42

First Post
OK, one more thing: balancing stats. Not too much to do there. Sam, unless you have strong roleplaying objections, I'm going to recommend you bump your Charisma to 14. That'll bring your character's power level in line with the others.

And that's that :)

Last edited:

LazarusLong42

First Post
Zerth said:
Lazarus - Perform changes are ok with me (what a surprise :D ). I'll rework my skills some time soon.

One note on your re-work: "wind instruments" would not be a category under this system. You'll want to take those four pips in "pan-pipes," and you can pick up other specific instruments later, if you wish. That's the trade-off built into the system :) Same goes for oratory--choose a specific type (storytelling seems most likely, given you're a gypsy :)) Dance and song I consider one specific type (each, obviously), which means "chant," for instance, would be a separate specific type.

I also agree Baril would not know nothing but vague rumors about the evil wizard. That's what I actually meant, but I can tone that down in the background if you like.

Actually, it looks like Baril does know about it. First roll of the game, a Bardic Knowledge check, and you get a natural 20. :eek: A drifter who stayed with your caravan for a couple of weeks seemed to have quite a bit of knowledge about the battle of Mestra--either he was there, or was close to someone who was, you were never certain. This was very shortly before you left the caravan.

Last edited:

Sam

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:
Sam, unless you have strong roleplaying objections, I'm going to recommend you bump your Charisma to 14. That'll bring your character's power level in line with the others.

No objections. I just rolled 4d6 and that's what came out :). I'll make the change.

Rybaer

First Post
Okay, here are a few possible character links:

Baril - as you suggested, I could have met you through my master Bristlebrock Hogensock in Collina. The acquaintance would likely be casual, but I'd probably warm up to your personality faster than I ever did with Bristlebrock's.

Brevin/Tuli - I envision a brief introduction to the two of you while in Collina. Perhaps the two of you had just filched a minor item...a shiny necklace, perhaps? While inspecting your haul, a raven (Trinket) swoops in a makes off with it. You two chase it across the town square and find the bird landing on the shoulder of a bemused dwarf (me) who is only too happy to return the item. Grinder would be perfectly willing to entertain a couple kids with a few prestidigitations before sending you on your way.

Traveling separately, but almost simultaneously, to Alten's Rock, I'd quickly pick up on seeing a couple familiar faces in the crowd of that new city.

Grunlor - I'd likely have met you as one dwarf to another, trying to pick up the news and feel for Alten's Rock over a pint of ale.

Nojin - ?? Pending on background, could be similar to Grunlor. Or, perhaps we both worked guard duty on the barge down to Alten's Rock and found a mutual interest in trying something more adventurous.

Nylarra - possible acquaintance through my master Bristlebrock in Collina (perhaps your family had magical business dealings with him). Otherwise, I'd probably just meet you later through Baril.

Zerth

First Post
Rybaer said:
Baril - as you suggested, I could have met you through my master Bristlebrock Hogensock in Collina. The acquaintance would likely be casual, but I'd probably warm up to your personality faster than I ever did with Bristlebrock's.

Just how casual the friendship is, can Baril call him Grinder?

Remove ads