• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

November '08: What are you playing?

Aus_Snow

First Post
Fallout 3, finally! [PC, ftw]

It's good, so far. Very pretty, but also fun to play - something I wasn't sure about before I actually bought the game yesterday, and started playing it. Yes, a fair bit like Oblivion in many ways, obviously, but not so much that it kills the 'Fallout-ness'. :cool:

Thinking about picking up some more games to put the upgraded PC through its paces, but not sure what else is a must-buy. :confused:

Pants

First Post
Playing... living... Fallout 3.

Everything about Oblivion that annoyed me is gone, replaced with total awesomeness. I'm like a little kid about to get diabetes in a candy store whenever I turn on VATS.

Also playing Guitar Hero World Tour on the side a bit. The song list is pretty fantastic (better than RB2), but there's lots of stuff I miss from RB1/RB2. The guitar and drum kit are pretty nice, better than RB's, but the presentation feels... off. The interface is kind of annoying and the tour options are no where near as expansive as RB's.

It'll provide some decent competition, but RB is in no danger of being usurped from its plastic instrument throne.

Looking forward to:
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Mirror's Edge

Arnwyn

First Post
I've also played just a bit of LittleBigPlanet (PS3). Wow.

While I won't get to play the whole thing through in quite a while, from what I have played so far, it's definitely a contender with MGS4 for Game of the Year.

Agamon

Adventurer
Fallout 3 is an addiction right now. Rock Band 2 or NHL 09 when friends come over. Playing Civ 4 online with a buddy every Monday night.

Can't wait for Mirror's Edge and Left 4 Dead.

Kaodi

Hero
Damn you! Damn you all, those with the systems, time and money to waste on the beautiful frivolity of the latest games! There are so many good titles I will probably never play because by the time I have the proper resources, they have already passed by with newer things on the horizon.

StarCraft: Brood War and Chessmaster 10th Edition here, and I am doing my best to give up on God Wars 2. I have been clean for... less than two days so far.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Anybody have any idea what this is like. It looked quite fun, but haven't played it yet.

Don't know about the PS3 version but Xbox360 version is the most horrendously buggy game I've seen since Fallout 2. It is just about playable.

The story on other hand is very immersive and could almost excuse the gameplay.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads